Iberdrola USA Structuring, Manager NE/NY Business Development 62754 (ASC) in Portland, Maine
Business Area: Business Development
Business and Department
JOB SUMMARY: Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Acting as Structuring Manager for the development of new growth opportunities for AVANGRID Networks in New England & New York, this individual is responsible for the development of new bids that respond to competitive solicitations or any other opportunities resulting from direct negotiations that may result in new investments for the company. Acts as direct liaison with other developers and transmission partners and is responsible for coordinating the efforts with internal departments such as Regulatory, System Planning, Engineering, Procurement, Legal, etc., as well as external consultants and contractors. Once the project is confirmed or awarded, the Structuring Manager is responsible for managing the development of the project until the project is handed over to the corresponding project team or AVANGRID Networks organization (most likely Projects).
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Supervise and manage development projects once they are originated until submitting bids or negotiating the corresponding project agreements, leading multiple teams made up of AVANGRID members and external consultants as needed.
- Establish resource plans and coordinate the internal needs with the rest of the departments in the organization.
- Responsible for establishing and meeting timelines, budgets and project objectives.4. Prepare and provide periodic reports to different levels in the organization on a regular basis.
- Serves as point of contact for the Projects department and any other AVANGRID networks organization, coordinating the handover of projects as they move from development to execution.6. Work closely with other departments to ensure alignment of goals and secure support for the development
initiatives. 7. Coordinate the relationship of AVANGRID with transmission partners and other developers. 8. Act as liaison with other IBERDROLA stakeholders as needed. 9. Participate in internal business development forums and external energy and transmission forums. 10. Interface with finance and insurance teams on inputs into project model and in project financing process. 11. Owns the responsibility over proposal submissions (design, creation, internal review, investment dossiers, submission, negotiations of projects agreements, follow-up) both in competitive and negotiated processes.
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred) and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience required,
5 years of experience in the company; preferably in management roles with budgetary and/or planning responsibilities and working with multidisciplinary teams.
Experience in managing projects under development with associated investments of at least $100M and overall knowledge of the development phases of these initiatives.
Experience in submitting bids and/or in negotiations with partners or clients of long term agreements with associated investments or value of at least $100M.
Experience in risk analysis and risk allocation.
Thorough knowledge of AVANGRID and IBERDROLA, with previous experience in complex projects and assignments.
Proficient at developing project execution plans for Network projects, from initiation to completion
Strong analytical and organizational skills
Self-starter that can work independently on projects and motivate internal and external resources to meet key project deliverables. Particularly interested in “can-do” attitude and a passion for commercial success
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across multi-functional teams and with senior management.
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Proficient at Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel and Power Point
Proficient at Microsoft Project and project scheduling principles
Manager Competency Requirements: It is preferred that for this job, the candidate fulfills the global competency requirements below.
Build a Global Community
- Promotes working relationships across team and geographical boundaries, building synergies, efficiencies and shared learning.
- Drives stretching divisional, functional and technical performance and delivers outstanding results aligned to the organization’s purpose.
Show Passion for the Future
- Contributes to the purpose, vision and values at divisional level and interprets them in order to drive change at the divisional / functional level.
Grow our Talent
- Grows, develops and promotes talent across divisional and geographical boundaries.
- Being perceived as a leading professional in their activity area strengthening and developing knowledge within the organization in their area of responsibility.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or email@example.com
Company: AVANGRID Service Company (ASC)
Job Title: Structuring Manager NE & NY – Business Development
Reports to: Director Business Development NE & NY
Location: Portland, ME (ASC-ME-Portland)
Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Publication date: 06.07.2018