Duke Energy Rates & Regulatory Strategy Analyst in Plainfield, Indiana
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Employees at this level are able to perform basic financial analysis work including supporting: utility rate filings, cost of service work, regulatory strategies, rate and pricing implications, and other regulatory requirements with general supervision.
Develops good working relationships and works to create a productive work climate.
Listens attentively and understands others. Developing communication and presentation skills.
• Assist in cost recovery processes related to riders/trackers; prepare related worksheets, schedules, support Duke Energy Indiana witnesses in various ways such as responding to discovery requests, providing data to include in testimony to be filed with the Indiana Commission and providing witness support at Commission hearings• Assist in the preparation of regulatory compliance filings, special studies, analysis, and billings in support of regulatory filings and agreements.• Assist in general rate case activities to accomplish appropriate cost recovery for Duke Energy Indiana, including research, data gathering, preparing related worksheets, schedules, and providing support for expert witnesses.• Understand and comply with state and federal regulatory requirements related to electric rates.• Work with external auditors, as needed, providing necessary information and answering questions.• Complete Electric Rate Surveys, as assigned• Prepare various rate reports and statistical reports• Administrative tasks as assigned (Electric Rate Tariff postings, expense reports, office administration)
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or• Bachelor's degree in Business or• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics• In addition to required degree, 2 plus years related work experience
• Master's degree in Accountancy or• Master's degree in Business Administration• Certified Public Accountant
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Employees at this level are able to perform proficiently at the Associate Rates & Regulatory Strategy Analyst requirements and is demonstrating the ability to perform at the Rates & Regulatory Strategy Analyst requirements.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Previous experience in regulatory accounting.
Exposure to or familiarity with FERC Uniform System of Accounts.
Proficient in Microsoft Products, such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and ability to develop and use complex spreadsheets.
Familiarity with Peoplesoft Financial System, exposure to PowerPlan Fixed Asset system, knowledge of other Duke financial systems and tools.
- Office Environment (with opportunity to work remotely as circumstances allow) with extensive use of a computer
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable) No
Represented/Union Position No
Visa Sponsored Position No
Posting Expiration Date
Thursday, October 28, 2021
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
We are one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, supplying and delivering electricity to approximately 7.4 million U.S. customers. We have approximately 52,700 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida – and natural gas distribution services serving more than 1.5 million customers in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Our commercial and international businesses own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a portfolio of renewable energy assets.
Regardless of your skill set or specific interest, we're looking for the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our people make us great - and we're always looking for more. Find your career path today at Duke Energy, where it's more than a career - it's a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Brighter opportunities. Brighter futures. Duke Energy values ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re dedicated to providing a work environment where all people are valued, respected and able to reach their full potential. Duke Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including but not limited to lactation, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or protected veteran status. Duke Energy complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting discrimination.