Duquesne Light Company Sr Diversity Recruiter in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to creating a culture of inclusion. We value and respect the unique differences and experiences of our employees. We believe that our differences lead to better collaboration, innovation and outcomes. We want you to join our team!
We are seeking a Diversity Talent Acquisition Sourcing & Recruitment Associate to join our Talent Acquisition team as a key talent attraction specialist that can serve as subject matter expert on identifying, sourcing and attracting diverse talent.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner closely with specific lines of business to ensure a diverse and inclusive talent recruitment process.
In partnership with Talent Acquisition and the DEI Team, the selected candidate will identify and support creative and innovative sourcing techniques and strategies to build a diverse pipeline of candidates.
In addition, the selected candidate will work closely with the business to outreach, attract, assess, and connect with multiple diverse communities and underrepresented to build a high performing diverse talent pipeline. Moreover, you will:
• Manage key internal customer/client relationships to influence and drive diverse talent attraction, sourcing, interviewing and hiring strategies
• Assist the business functions and talent acquisition team members in developing and incorporating diversity tools, tactics and best practices into existing recruitment programs and processes
• Drive accountability for organizational diverse talent pool aspirations
• Be comfortable learning and navigating applicant tracking systems that produce data and metrics to inform and measure progress
• Advise on the implementation of best in class diversity, equity and inclusion talent attraction practices, strategies and methods
• Serve as DEI talent attraction advisor and assist with the development of programs, initiatives and processes related to recruitment, onboarding, and the growth of diverse talent pools.
• Deliver an exceptional candidate experience by delivering excellent customer service to both our internal and external customers
• Source, pre-screen, and guide/educate applicants and candidates
• Partner with business and recruiting teams to design strategic recruitment solutions to execute on diversity initiatives
• Utilize and maintain the applicant tracking system, understand the candidate flow process Achieve departmental KPI’s (Time to Fill, Quality of Hire, Cost Per Hire, survey feedback from hiring managers, etc.)
• Perform other related duties and special projects to support the overall Human Resources department.
Partnerships: Business Employee Resource Groups (BERGs) and Diversity Equity & Inclusion Council:
Support and leverage the Dei Council and BERG events, community partnerships and relationships to attract diverse talent
Education/Experience Requirements: Roles at this level require a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or other related field; and 5 years of experience in HR, Talent Acquisition, Diversity/Inclusion or related work.
Experience as a full life cycle recruiter with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience building and sourcing diverse talent pipelines.
Familiar with Applicant tracking systems, and Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or other related field. Experience working in a utility or similar heavy industrial environment with support to corporate services function is preferred.
• Ability to effectively execute on ideas and own the end-to-end development and delivery of strategic recruitment initiatives and related programs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, this includes presentation development and delivery
• Ability to effectively collaborate, influence and negotiate with others;
• Ability to prioritize work and simultaneously deliver on multiple work streams
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
Decision Impact: Draws on significant past experience to perform role. Proficient in the body of knowledge of given discipline or specialty area. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.
Scope: Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Accountable for managing work flow. Responsible for both strategic and tactical work which is typically moderate to complex.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.