Duquesne Light Company Senior IT Auditor in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to creating a culture of inclusion. We value and respect the unique differences and experiences of our employees. We believe that our differences lead to better collaboration, innovation and outcomes. We want you to join our team!
The Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor will manage and perform audits, wholly or partially involving Information Technology (IT) subject matter, that are designed to create value by systematically evaluating and improving risk management methods, control structures, governance processes, and, in general, the implementation of good business practices. Audit areas will include IT general control audits, pre and post-implementation reviews of new IT systems, user access and segregation of duties reviews, and operational IT audits and special projects. This position may also serve as a real-time, advisory resource on major IT projects by coordinating with Company IT and Audit leadership to integrate IT audit activities into the major IT project plans.
1. Design and execute audit programs and testing procedures in accordance with auditing principles that ensure compliance, financial and operational processes are functioning efficiently, effectively and in accordance with Company policy.
2. Effectively communicate audit and special project scope, status, findings and corrective action plans with all levels of management through verbal presentations and written audit and special project reports.
3. Create and review work papers to ensure work performed supports conclusions and are organized in accordance with Company and Departmental standards.
4. Develop strong relationships with IT, finance, operations and other department managers while maintaining objectivity.
5. Create value for the Company through the identification of process improvements or sharing best practices from an IT compliance and operational perspective, particularly related to major Company IT projects.
6. Communicate, manage and monitor IT audit and special project budgets for both internal and external resources.
7. Adhere to the Duquesne Light Code of Conduct and the Internal Audit Department Charter and Policies and Procedures Manual at all times and complete all applicable administrative tasks (such as e-time submission, performance evaluations, FERC Standards of Conduct training, annual CPE training requirements) timely and accurately.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with 5+ years of relevant experience. Certifications are often desired.
Bachelor’s degree in management information systems (MIS), accounting, finance, business or computer science. Minimum five (5) years IT audit experience. Solid knowledge of IT general control framework (i.e., logical access, program change management, hardware security).
Experience with Big 4 public accounting IT audit experience or a combination of public and corporate internal audit experience. CISA, CPA, CFE or CIA certification (or in process of obtaining). Supervisory experience. Experience at a company that utilizes the Oracle Development environment. Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Identity and Access Management related to policy, governance, tools and controls. Working knowledge of industry frameworks such as ITIL for Service Management, PMI for Project Management, NIST for Cybersecurity and COBIT for Governance along with standards governing permissible use of data such as FCRA and HIPPA. Basic knowledge of COSO, US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS), Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, Oracle RDMS and Oracle ERP.
Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, creative, and leadership skills with the ability to exhibit sound judgment and express verbal and written information effectively. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs) and data analytical skills including working knowledge of Statistical Testing and Data Analysis tools (e.g, ACL or IDEA).
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Typically accountable for managing ones own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate to complex in nature requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base but has a solid foundation to act independently the majority of the time. Still draws on experts and managers when needed but less frequently.
Problems and issues faced are vague. Draws on past experience on a regular basis. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.
Normal office environment with limited overnight travel.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.