Pacific Gas & Electric Company Supervisor, Maintenance T Line - Pismo Beach in Pismo Beach, California
Requisition ID # 13876
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Pismo Beach
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
Leads teams of employees in maintaining and building the service territory transmission lines or
substations. Provides safe and reliable electric service while maintaining compliance with the
California Public Utility Commission General Orders, all Safety regulations and other regulatory
requirements. Implements best safety practices and holds subordinates accountable for adhering
to established practices.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 9 years of related experience including 3 years' experience supervising bargaining unit
employees in electric utility maintenance and construction.
• Lead or previous management experience, e.g. as a crew foreman.
• Strong project and people management skills.
• General computer skills in Word and Excel along with daily routine experience of e-mail
• Customer services orientation, including communication skills, initiative and problem solving.
• Ability to understand, interpret and communicate electrical work procedures, work methods,
standards, policies, and guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively train subordinates on specific work practices.
• Good leadership ability. Understands how to motivate, develop and direct teams as they work.
• Knowledge of the California Public Utility Commission General Orders (GO) 95, 128, 165 and/or
• Demonstrates the ability to perform effectively under deadlines and in emergency situations.
• Demonstrates skill in achieving cooperation from others in order to achieve a goal.
• Knowledge of the company's emergency management process.
• Knowledge of California and Federal regulatory requirements such as Federal Energy Regulatory
Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Western Electricity
Coordinating Council (WECC), and CAISO.
• Ensures maintenance work, including regulated preventative and corrective, is completed as
scheduled and to quality expectations, while monitoring compliance to standards and
• Develops and/or executes action plans to address deficiencies in process or employee
skill/knowledge and track the progress of those plans.
• Completes and maintains all work documentation or reporting.
• Effectively utilizes resources by monitoring individual
electricians' productivity. Ensures electricians charge time
appropriately for each maintenance task while monitoring unit cost.
• Identifies and pursues productivity improvements and implements work practices to reduce
operating costs while meeting corporate and regulatory compliance.
• Identifies and reacts to complex field decisions, utilizing
technical knowledge and experience to move forward quickly, considering cost, risk, safety, quality
and system impact. May make certain changes to the work plan as deemed necessary for the
situation. Prepares a reestimation
of the work and /or adjusts the scheduled maintenance as necessary.
• Provides clear, professional, proactive communication with transmission and distribution partners
in a variety of field situations.
• Facilitates or leads weekly team meetings/tailboards. Conducts training as needed.
• Regularly visits work sites to monitor operations.
• Efficiently and accurately performs monitoring and analysis functions for ongoing projects and
work efforts. Reviews current work practices for operational efficiencies and deficiencies and
provides feedback. Follows up, and recommends improvement to appropriate parties.
• Develops and maintains work relationships, regional contacts and internal networks.
• Takes action on Notice of Violation (NOV), Notice to Comply (NOC), and environmental
compliance. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agency requirements including the California
Public Utility Commission; Cal OSHA; Environmental Protection Agency, etc
• Proactively prepares for emergency situations; supports company efforts during emergency
situations; communicates deficiencies in emergency response/preparedness; resolves issues
quickly and efficiently using the correct resources.
• Effectively manages staff/team(s) through recruitment and
selection, training and development, performance management and rewards and recognition.
• As a T200 Supervisor, the incumbent oversees a team of 8 Linemen and Foremen.