Arizona Public Service Service Coordinator in PHOENIX, Arizona
Apply now »
Date: Sep 18, 2023
Location: PHOENIX, AZ, US, 85021
Arizona Public Service generates clean, reliable and affordable energy for 2.7 million Arizonans. Our service territory stretches across the state, from the border town of Douglas to the vistas of the Grand Canyon, from the solar fields of Gila Bend to the ponderosa pines of Payson. As the state’s largest and longest-serving energy provider, our more than 6,000 dedicated employees power our vision of creating a sustainable energy future for Arizona.
Since our founding in 1886, APS has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers in one of the country’s fastest growing states, earning a reputation for customer satisfaction, shareholder value, operational excellence and business integrity.
Our present and future success depends on the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate the principles outlined in the APS Promise: Design for Tomorrow, Empower Each Other and Succeed Together.
Serve as liaison between APS and municipalities, contractors, and customers for new installations, upgrades, conversions, and relocations to electrical service.
Ensure customer requirements and expectations are accurately understood, communicated and executed.
Schedule, coordinate, and ensure completion of all facets of projects from initiation through close out.
High school diploma/GED and two (2) years experience in customer facing role or construction. Must successfully complete training program in four (4) to six (6) months.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications: Computer skills: Windows, Word Excel, CC&B, GIS, and work order management programs such as Maximo and Primavera.
Ability to understand and apply algebra and trigonometry formulas related to APS calculations.
Ability to assume project leadership and communicate effectively with customers.
Basic understanding of electrical theory, policies, procedures and rates.
Familiarity with customer construction standards and safety manual. Effective communication and customer service skills.
Working knowledge of construction standards and practices, Electric Service Requirement Manual (ESRM) specifications, extension policy provisions, service plan rates, and types of construction materials utilized. Fieldwork may constitute 50% or more of this job.
1) Provide customer service and coordination for primary or service installation projects including upgrades, relocations, conversions, maintenance, street lights, dusk to dawn lights and new services. Entails planning, designing, scheduling, and coordinating all facets of the project from initiation through construction, energization, and close out.
2) Determine the best source of APS power, the most cost-effective design, the usability of existing equipment based on load analysis and voltage drop calculations, and the adherence to required specifications, and request of the customer.
3) Effectively interface with customers and municipalities to assess their needs, determine the scope of the project, obtain plans/maps/drawings, and make key decision regarding the layout of APS facilities.
Often, these decisions require consultation with our external customers and/or municipality liaison.
4) Evaluate the need to obtain easements from property owners and permits from municipal authorities; as necessary process through APS right of way to obtain required easement and permits documents.
5) Prepare work authorizations (WA) and job estimates.
Determine and communicate customer charges required in advance of construction in accordance with APS extension policy or Municipality agreements.
Prepare and present invoices to customers and manages scheduling to ensure monies collected prior to releasing jobs to crews. May prepare and communicate billing in compliance with APS policies and rates for street lighting and within the contractual limits of the APS and Municipality agreement.
6) Upon completion of preliminary work, release the project to construction and/or schedule the work with the Construction Coordinator, crews or other related contractors.
Conduct inspection(s) of APS facilities prior to and upon completion of construction to ensure compliance with APS and safety code requirements.
7) Trouble shoot and resolve problems encountered throughout the project.
Keep internal and external departments and agencies informed of activities that affect current and future facilities. May act as the control desk or initial intake and triage of all customers based on the requirements of the specific office.
8) May set up new accounts in Customer Care & Billing (CC&B) system, create orders for crews to run service lines, set meters, and locate APS facilities; field inspect new accounts; ensure the information in CC&B is updated appropriately. Update related databases and close out the project upon completion.
Export Compliance / EEO Statement
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, 'U.S. Export Control Laws'). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ('Pinnacle West') maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
This position requires employees to work at the (Location), with some flexibility. Flexibility will be determined with the hired employee and leadership.