Arizona Public Service Occupational Health & Performance Program Manager in PHOENIX, Arizona
Occupational Health & Performance Program Manager
Apply now »
Date: Mar 17, 2023
Location: PHOENIX, AZ, US, 85004-3903
Arizona Public Service generates clean, reliable and affordable energy for 2.7 million Arizonans. Our service territory stretches across the state, from the border town of Douglas to the vistas of the Grand Canyon, from the solar fields of Gila Bend to the ponderosa pines of Payson. As the state’s largest and longest-serving energy provider, our more than 6,000 dedicated employees power our vision of creating a sustainable energy future for Arizona.
Since our founding in 1886, APS has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers in one of the country’s fastest growing states, earning a reputation for customer satisfaction, shareholder value, operational excellence and business integrity.
Our present and future success depends on the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate the principles outlined in the APS Promise: Design for Tomorrow, Empower Each Other and Succeed Together.
Acts as the primary point-of-contact across the organization for the design, data analysis, program communication, and evaluation of occupational programs and operations. Oversees of the delivery of APS (non-nuclear) programs as well as consults with department manager and consulting physician regarding programs related to emergency care, pre-employment physicals, employee medical case management and occupational injury/illness claims.
Serves as subject matter expert for all escalated matters within assigned scope.
Provides oversight of case management reviews for all escalated cases and works with health clinical staff on the development of case management strategies etc. Works to develop and implement policies and procedures, equating employees on workplan programs and changes as well as ensures internal department efficiencies within the clinical program.
Bachelor's degree in HR Management, Business Administration, Project Management or related Health Services field or certifications and 8 years relevant work experience in health services,
medical case management or occupational health & safety, or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience in health services or program/project management experience in occupational health & safety. Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory programs including FMLA, ADA, GINA, HIPPA, DOT, Workers' Compensation and/or OSHA.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications: Strong analytical and strategic design skills with the ability to see beyond immediate issues to drive sound decision-making. Demonstrated ability to thinks strategically as well as deliver bottom-line results. Must be able to build relationships. Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and convey a clear and concise manner. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation and facilitation skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and manage independent project work. Ability to manage multiple projects while remaining responsive and customer focused. Strong proficiency in MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience using an electronic record system. COHN, electronic medical record system experience, occupational case management experience highly preferred.
1) Provides strategic consultation and collaborates effectively with company medical consultant (physician), legal, human resources, and business leaders to ensure regulatory compliance and outcomes that are effective and aligned with the organizations strategic goals
2) Manage processes related to emergency care, pre-employment and regulatory physicals, case management of industrial claims and clinic assessments. Develop and implement health services programs, policies, procedures, metrics and reporting.
3) Understands relevant business challenges, competitive landscape, and compliance considerations facing the business. Partners cross-functionally to ensure sustainability and effective administration of clinic operations.
4) Manages and monitors daily health services clinic operations at designated sites/locations. Influence, guide and drive health service processes. Ensure health services processes are consistent, streamlined, efficient, future-focused and meet business needs.
5) In collaboration with consulting physician, monitors and ensures overall compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Identifies areas of noncompliance and works with management to take corrective action.
6) Ensure clinic operations are competitive and align with industry best practices through benchmark analysis, survey participation, evaluation and comparison with those of other employers and other sources of information to provide change recommendations to management.
7) Design and coordinate the implementation of continuous improvement of policies, processes and procedures.
8) Define and develop key performance indicators with integrated program metrics for core services and transactions, track against program objectives, lead improvement initiatives and encourage a culture of efficiency, innovation and customer service.
9) With department manager, review occupational injury/illness cases for appropriate treatment protocols and discuss with providers if applicable.
10) Develop complex monthly reports for executive management.
Export Compliance / EEO Statement
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, 'U.S. Export Control Laws'). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ('Pinnacle West') maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
This position is not required to be performed at a specific APS facility as long as adequate technology and a solid ergonomic set up are present. Pending agreement with leadership, employees hired into this role will be able to choose where they prefer to perform their work. Employees will have two options to choose from:
APS office based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from an APS facility.
Home based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from his/her home.
*Employees in Flex roles are required to reside in Arizona (or NM for Four Corners-based employees). Role types are subject to change based on business need.