Salt River Project College Intern - End User Support in Phoenix, Arizona
College Intern - End User Support
Date: May 18, 2023
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
The candidate will be part of the End User Support (EUS) team, whose mission is to improve stakeholder experiences by providing delivery channels for self-service and flexibility to support working anywhere, anytime, on any device.
This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service support to SRP employees and fellow team members by ensuring efficient and effective work order management.
Student interns are required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week, but up to 40 hours are available if your school schedule can accommodate. Work week is Monday - Friday during support hours of 7am-5pm.
Student Intern responsibilities include:
• Provide on-site support in a walk-up support center for IT issues, requests, and devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops, and software), including general support, repairs, and refreshes.
• Troubleshoot issues with applications, operating systems, services, hardware, network connectivity and other infrastructure.
• Partner with other support teams and tiers by providing knowledge and technical assistance to fulfill requests and resolve issues.
• Work within a defined set of processes and procedures, including: Incident Management, Knowledge, and Request Tickets.
• Create knowledge articles for Support and Business stakeholders.
• Assist with other unlisted duties as needed.
College level coursework (100+) from an accredited institution will be evaluated on an individual basis according to the skill/level to determine if applicable to the position by management.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
• Experience with the Windows & Macintosh Operating System and Microsoft Office productivity suite as well as Android\IOS mobile devices.
• A strong background in client support and demonstrated ability to work with clients of varied technical skill levels.
• Oral and written communication skills, including understanding of good documentation practices.
• Well organized with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
In order to be eligible for the Student Intern Program at SRP, the employee must be actively enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours that are college level (100) or above over the course of a regular semester and must be working towards a degree or certificate from an accredited college or university.
For an accelerated program, the student must be enrolled in six credit hours in the equivalent of a traditional semester.
$18.00 per hour for Undergrad and $20.00 per hour for Grad students.
Requisition ID: 15808
SRP currently offers a hybrid workplace, which allows employees whose jobs can be performed remotely, and who have sufficient technical capability, to telework up to three days per week. Although teleworking is available, all employees must live and work in Arizona. We are taking steps to protect the health and well-being of all team members, and by following a number of health and safety protocols, to reduce the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance