NextEra Energy Technical Intern - NEER (Peetz Wind) Peetz, CO in Peetz, Colorado
Technical Intern - NEER (Peetz Wind) Peetz, CO
Date:Dec 19, 2020
Primary Location:Peetz, CO, US, 80747
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 47272
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 among electric and gas utility companies in Fortune® magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies®." Join a team that’s among the very best…at NextEra Energy Resources.
- The individual living arrangements, transportation arrangements, and associated costs are the sole responsibility of the intern.
- You will work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights greater than 100 feet from the ground surface.
- Must be a current student, not graduating on or before May 2021 and have a 3.00 GPA and above. Job Overview
This job is a summer position offering experience with career-related activities encountered in a student's area of specialization. This position will provide mentoring and practical hands-on experience to assist the intern with achieving deliverables related to the wind generation industry. To be considered for this position the applicant must be actively enrolled full-time in a two-year electrical, mechanical, technical, or wind degree (or equivalent) program at a college with a minimum GPA of 3.00. Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision:
- Performs maintenance and repair activities on wind turbine generators and/or their components
- Performs electronic and mechanical troubleshooting activities as required
- Attends regular safety meetings and follows appropriate company safety and environmental policies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 0+years
- Valid Driver’s License (NON CDL)
- Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Intern Job Category: Intern Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Peetz, Colorado Other Work Locations: Colorado Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs