ConEdison Senior Specialist, Digital Communications (2L) in Pearl River, New York
Senior Specialist, Digital Communications (2L)
Sep 22, 2022
Posting Expiration Date:Oct 3, 2022
Section:CORP AFF Digital Communication
Location:NY-Pearl River-Blue Hill
Associate Specialist, Government Affairs (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/10525947-associate-specialist)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Maintain and update Company's Web site and site structure. Research and implement present and future web tools and technologies.
Oversee the maintenance and development of Web site systems (i.e. Site Manager, Online Contact System, Public Advisory and Search) as well as online forms; analyze the requests of Company departments for Web content and applications, oversee vendors who provide application development and support and implementation of site redesigns.
Manage social media and electronic communications including mass email distributions to stakeholders.
Provide staff writing for external communications on Web site, electronic correspondence and social media.
In accordance with laws, regulations and directives, coordinate the dissemination of federal and state mandated information; ensure that certain required messages are communicated at prescribed intervals. Submit communication plans and reports as required to regulatory agencies.
Serve as Program Administrator to the Company-adopted Northeast Gas Association Regional Public Awareness and Education Program for Gas Transmission and Distribution Pipelines, a federally-mandated program; properly maintain documentation to satisfy periodic compliance reviews.
Actively participate as a member of the NGA Public Awareness committee. Participate in any gas safety-related orders and NGA public awareness activities.
Administer the O&M budget for the Corporate Communications department; monitor spending levels, prepare monthly variance reports and accrual submissions, and ensure that expenses are allocated to the proper accounts for regulatory reporting purposes.
When required, assume storm function duties normally carried out by the Social Media coordinator.
Act as intranet webmaster back-up.
Coordinate scheduling and production of mandated Rights and Responsibilities brochures.
Perform proofreading company publications.
Perform other related assignments and develop special communications projects as required by manager.
Bachelor's Degree And Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience Or
Associate's Degree And Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience Or
- Master's Degree Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
Possess a strong understanding of Digital Content Management and its principles, processes, enabling tools and technologies, and be able to use that expertise in a fast-paced team environment focused on results. Required
Strong working knowledge of administering content on SharePoint 2016 Required
Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Must have working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional, Macromedia DreamWeaver, or equivalent. Required
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff and various levels of management. Required
Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Preferred
Must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Preferred
Verified professional training in Microsoft SharePoint Preferred
Ability to perform optimally in fast paced, high stress situations.
Skills & Ability
Demonstrated analytical skills
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Demonstrated written communication skills
Effective interpersonal skills
Ability to build strong customer relationships
Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
Strong verbal communication and listening skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Highly thorough and dependable
Technical\Quickly troublseshoots and resolves problems
Assumes personal responsibility for actions
Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.