NextEra Energy Field Operations HV Technician II - Majestic Wind in Panhandle, Texas
Field Operations HV Technician II - Majestic Wind
Date:Feb 22, 2021
Primary Location:Panhandle, TX, US, 79068
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 51096
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 among electric and gas utility companies in Fortune® magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies®." Join a team that’s among the very best…at NextEra Energy Resources
Ideal candidate should have Journeyman Substation Electrician and Protection & Control experience
Employees in this mid-level role operate and maintain transmission, substation, and collection systems, and are responsible for ensuring the safe and reliable delivery of electricity to the power grid. This position applies experience in the areas of field operations, collection system construction and maintenance, transmission maintenance, substation maintenance, and troubleshooting support. Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under general supervision:
- Performs routine work in the construction and maintenance of all substation, transmission, collection system, and data communication equipment
- Provides troubleshooting assistance and resolution with Protections and Control equipment and relay schemes
- Reports and coordinates emergency response and repair to all high voltage equipment and systems within assigned geographical area
- Establishes and maintains high voltage inventory, equipment, and vehicles
- Completes assigned projects with corporate, regional, and cross functional assets and resources
- Maintains compliance and non-compliance maintenance schedules
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and market requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 2+ years
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technicians Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Panhandle, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs