NextEra Energy PGD Sr. Business Analyst in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
PGD Sr. Business Analyst
Date: Sep 24, 2023
Location(s): Palm Beach Gardens, FL, US, 33410
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 74155
is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
This position sits within the Power Generation Division (PGD) which is responsible for all of NextEra Energy's non-nuclear generation operations, exceeding 40,000 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity. This Senior Business Analyst position is part of the Business Services Procurement team which provides procurement and accounting support to the operations team.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will have the opportunity to create and maintain Power Bi dashboards, perform contract and spend analysis, and make actionable recommendations on cost reduction strategies. The successful candidate will also independently manage projects and act as a peer leader to business technicians on tactical issues and problem solving.
Interpret data, analyze results, and make actionable recommendations for process improvement and spend reduction
Build and maintain Power BI Dashboards
Perform Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting
Lead projects and day to day troubleshooting with business technicians
Support Ad-Hoc operational tasks as needed
Skills and Experience:
Power BI and SAP Experience
Experience analyzing data and making actionable recommendations
General knowledge of commercial contracts and supply chain
Effective problem-solving skills
Process improvement mindset
Ability to perform tasks with limited guidance
This job assists in execution of the Corporate and NextEra Power Generation business processes. With limited guidance, employees in this role are responsible for OandM and capital budget preparation and reporting, cash flow management, and financial analysis and reporting. Individuals plan, schedule, communicate, and coordinate the annual budgeting process, the monthly re-forecasts, and month-end close for the site, and ensure that all transactions are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. Employees in this position also focus on the continuous improvement of spending, risks and opportunities, and costing methods in accordance with corporate policy and business objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control
• Provides financial leadership by supporting Operations leadership in decision-making and strategy development
• Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job
• Provides reporting and analysis for all operations activity including productivity, capital and overhead spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, and inventory and operations planning
• Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences
• Communicates and explains operational performance through P and L
• Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments
• Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles
• Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses
• Extracts, organizes, analyzes, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
• Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 4+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs