Pike Corporation Material Man in Pace, Florida
Position Summary: The Material Man position is an experienced level position in the transmission construction system.
• Ensure that all activities are in compliance with environmental, health and safety codes and procedures.
• Ensure that all activities are in compliance with warehouse procedures and practices.
• Perform quality assurance/quality control activities on all incoming material .
• Verify that the receipt of all material shipments is in alignment with bill of lading.
• Off load vendor deliveries utilizing proper equipment.
• Organize material in storage for ease of access for inventory count, replenishment, rotation and picking.
• Accurately pick and assemble material and material kits for underground construction requirements.
• Deliver material and material kits to construction work site utilizing proper equipment.
• Investigates discrepancies in inventory records to determine corrections needed as requested by Material Specialist.
• Maintain proper housekeeping of warehouse or stockroom on a daily basis.
• Perform various activities as required by management in support of material management functions.
Class A CDL driver’s license preferred.
Experience in the utility industry.
Knowledgeable of transmission materials, including slang terms.
Training and certification as required to operate heavy-lifting machinery such as forklifts and cranes.
High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Demonstrated communication skills.
Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
High commitment to achieving goals and plans.
Must be able to drive a road tractor to receive and deliver poles.
Excellent physical health is required as the work is physically demanding and requires lifting, bending or standing for long periods of time.
Willingness to work indoor and outdoor with the potential for harsh weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle to feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
Pike is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team-members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Requisition ID: 23003747