Liberty Utilities Representative, Customer Service (Ozark) in Ozark, Missouri
Representative, Customer Service (Ozark)
Ozark, MO, US, 65721
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
An opportunity to join a dynamic team driven to source, attract and engage diverse top talent across North America.The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to Liberty Utilities clients and customers accessing the company by telephone, electronic systems or coming in to Liberty Utilities locations. The Customer Service Representative provides the first point of customer contact for all inbound and outbound customer support and must represent the company and our customer service philosophy with the utmost integrity. This position will ensure that all clients are greeted in a warm and professional manner and that their needs are met. The hours will be Monday – Friday from 9:00am-6:00pm.
• Act as the first point of contact for all customers and visitors to the facility both in person and on the phone. This includes answering and routing in-coming calls, providing general information, facilitating payments, processing applications for service and service disconnections, facilitating customer moves, additions and changes, and answer billing inquiries.
• Balance payments accurately on a daily basis.
• Communicate to field and office personnel regarding routine and emergency situations.
• Provide ongoing communication to customers regarding the status of service requests
• Generate service orders for reconnection of service/check high usage.
• Close out maintenance service orders and post readings on routine service orders.
• Use best judgement in dealing with any customer’s problem and take appropriate action to resolve the problem.
• Escalate issues as required to provide customer satisfaction and prompt issue resolution.
• Document customer feedback manually or online and refer to appropriate manager for follow-up.
• Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with all customers, co-workers and company visitors.
• Use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers and referring customers to management if a problem cannot be resolved.
• Use appropriate telephone etiquette when talking with customers.
• Providing accurate information regarding our services and service guidelines.
• Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
• Perform duties in compliance with laws, regulations, company policies and procedures.
• Adheres to Liberty Utilities security policies.
Education and Experience
• At least two years experiences in a related position
• Prior customer service experience is a must
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A professional and courteous telephone manner
• High level understanding of privacy and confidentiality related to position
• A good understanding of Customer Information Systems. Experience with Cogsdale is an asset.
• Experience dealing with difficult customers and successfully resolving customer issues and concerns with a positive attitude.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to be concise, clear and consistent.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Above average math skills
• Proficient keyboarding skills
• Detail oriented and able to function in a fast paced and changing environment
• Requires the ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Requires proficient computer skills for data entry, reporting, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
• Works in an office environment.
• Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
• Other duties may be assigned
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our “Think Global, Act Local” business model.
What we offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.