Avangrid Lead Smart Metering Analyst in Orange, Connecticut
Lead Smart Metering Analyst
Company: THE UNITED ILLUMINATING C
Orange, CT, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
The Smart Metering Department with Avangrid’s Operational Smart Grids organization is responsible for strategy, enterprise planning, operation, delivery, and compliance of metering systems and networks covering over 1 million meters, primarily Advanced Metering Infrastructure (“AMI” or smart meters), currently across the states of Maine and Connecticut. AMI is considered a foundational technology for grid modernization. United Illuminating, a subsidiary of Avangrid, serves over 338,000 retail electric customers in the greater New Haven and Bridgeport areas of Connecticut. This position reports to the Regional Manager for Smart Metering’s Connecticut-based operations, and will work with the team to perform daily operations, develop and implement solutions for the Meter Data Management System (MDM), MV-90 xi system, and other applications in support of business requirements. The selected person will join a team of technical systems and metering experts and will collaborate with metering peers in Maine and New York and other groups across Avangrid, including IT, Telecommunications, Distribution Automation, Electric Operations, Customer Service, and Innovation.
• • Develop new or modify existing programs, code and queries to extract data and configure as needed to support requests from internal and external customers, with a high attention to detail, accuracy of data, and clarity of information.
• • Lead and provide guidance to junior team members regarding daily data operations in systems such as SAP, the Meter Data Management System, MV-90 xi system, meter reading systems and others as assigned.
• • Lead team members to perform daily data operations in systems such as SAP, the Meter Data Management System, MV90, meter reading systems and others as assigned.
• • Coordinate and work with internal and external groups, including PURA, vendors, Regulatory Affairs, Internal Audit, external auditors, Finance, Engineering, Revenue Protection, Credit and Collections, and Customer Service, to provide data extracts, analysis and reporting.
• • Independently, proactively and autonomously identify and solve a range of problems from moderate to difficult complexity, utilizing analytical tools or other approved methods; analyze possible solutions and assess each using standard practices and procedures.
• • Respond to standard and non-standard requests from customers and stakeholders; investigate events and take appropriate actions to alleviate issues; explain information and provide data to internal and external customers; provide graphs and/or reports, and interpret data to requestors.
• • Apply team effectiveness skills; contribute to the achievement of team goals. Work as a system expert to support / troubleshoot all systems utilized in metering data and works with vendors as required to resolve issues.
• • Lead groups and project teams relating to responsible areas and systems, coordinating across groups within the company.
• • Will be responsible for technical contributions to projects/process teams in other business areas. Participate in projects/process teams as an active team member to ensure technical requirements of assigned responsibilities are incorporated in other projects.
• • Supports testing and debugging of upgrades to existing systems and implementation of new systems
• and processes. Support and direct vendors as required for debugging and upgrading systems.
• • Maintain confidentiality of all customer and company data.
• • Perform storm duties as required.
Skills and Requirements
• • Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, or Statistics with at least 7 years of experience preferred.
• • Familiarity with SAP required.
• • Ability to perform storm duties as needed, required.• Analytical background of some sort with proven strong analytical skills, including experience in one or more of the following preferred: o SAS o SPSS o R o SQL • Ability to prioritize goals in time constrained environment required • Experience with coding or altering existing programs preferred • Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other business analytical tools required • Experience with Meter Data Management Systems, MV-90 xi, and/or related metering systems preferred • Ability to maintain the integrity of data during extraction, storage, manipulation, and processing required • Demonstrated track record of learning new technologies and systems, building cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders, and solving complex technical issues required • Knowledge of electric and/or gas utility operations preferred • Ability to provide direction and guidance to team members required
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com