Avangrid Director - Physical Security in Orange, Connecticut
Director - Physical SecurityApply now »
Start application with LinkedIn
Date:Jul 13, 2021
Location: Orange, CT, US Rochester, NY, US
Company: IBERDROLA, S.A.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reports directly to the VP & Chief Security Officer. Directs all aspects of AVANGRID Physical Security and the AVANGRID Security Operations Center (SOC). Responsible for proactively protecting people, assets and information in alignment with strategic goals and mission of AVANGRID, Inc. Executes decision-making authorities and establishes vision and direction for Physical Security and basic security operations.
• Acquire and manage the necessary resources, including leadership support, financial resources, and key security personnel, to support physical security and NERC. This position is a senior level management position responsible for multiple layers of geographically dispersed skilled technical staff including physical security, special security services, and the AVANGRID SOC.
Security Duties and Requirements.
• Communicate the value of physical security and anti-terrorism throughout all levels of the organization stakeholders. The candidate must have well developed management and leadership skills, well developed interpersonal skills, and have executive level presentation and communication skills.
• Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensure sound security principles are reflected in the organization's vision and goals. Design/integrate a physical security and SOC strategy that outlines the vision, mission, and goals that align with the Chief Security Officer’s strategic plan.
• Oversee policy standards and implementation strategies to ensure procedures and guidelines comply with company and NERC standards as well as industry best practices such as NIST security compliance standards.
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the security safeguards to ensure that they provide the intended level of protection. Ensure that plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
• Provide strategic oversight over Physical Security systems to ensure they meet requirements and are aligned to strategic imperatives. Deliver a disciplined and strategic methodology to drive continuous improvement.
• Direct all aspects of AVANGRID’s physical security, including the protection of information, assets and people. Physical security including overseeing the development of the AVANGRID physical security plan, technical requirements and assessments, delivery of manned guarding services, the management of physical access control systems, monitoring and logging physical access, surveillance systems, perimeter protection and maintenance and testing of security systems.
• Oversee physical security budget process and adherence to all budget plans, financial processes and resource requirements. Operating expense budget estimated $7M. Capital expense business budget estimated $70M.
Education & Experience Required:
• BA or BS in Business, Computer Science, Criminology, Homeland Security or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• 10-15 years relevant experience
• 7 years’ experience in a leadership role
Skills / Abilities:
• Skill in physical security and compliance with working knowledge of the regulatory environment within the United States.
• Skill in communicating with all levels of management and global colleagues (e.g., listening skills, appropriate use of style and language for the audience).
• Skill to anticipate security threats and the ability to use intelligence to mitigate risk.
• Skill to remain aware of evolving technical infrastructures, tools and frameworks.
• Skill to use critical thinking to analyze organizational patterns and relationships.
• Ability to develop policy, plans, and strategy in compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and standards in support of security objectives.
• Ability to apply critical reading/thinking skills.
• Ability to understand rules, regulations, policies, and guidance relevant to objectives and to exercise exceptional judgment in interpretation and implementation.
• Ability to prioritize and allocate resources correctly and efficiently.
• Ability to understand technology, management, and leadership issues related to organization processes and problem solving.
• Ability to build effective relationships for key stakeholders locally and globally
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables