Avangrid Cloud Architect in Orange, Connecticut
Company: AVANGRID SERVICE COMPANY
Orange, CT, US ME, US Tennessee, US US Rochester, NY, US NJ, US US MD, US HOUSTON, TX, US US Boston, MA, US New Haven, CT, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
This role will be responsible for the Cloud Architecture, Standards definition and implementation oversight at AVANGRID. This includes supporting the Applications, Infrastructure and Security Teams with Cloud Solution Architectures and Technology Designs, in collaboration with the AVANGRID Architecture team and its global counterpart.
This role will also support the definition and evolution of the technology strategy; contribute to the technology road map and enterprise application portfolio from the current to future states; and will be responsible for designing solutions in collaboration with other members of the Architecture team according to evolving business requirements.
This role will also contribute to the innovation effort within AVANGRID, identifying innovation ideas and supporting the execution of PoCs in collaboration with IT Innovation.
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Cloud Architectures and Standards definition, roadmap, Technology Strategy.
• Technology Research and Awareness. Collaborative work with Partners to boost innovation and technology evolution.
• Analyze business requirements and drivers to identify Cloud opportunities, detect critical deficiencies and recommend IT solutions for improvement.
• Collaborate with the Applications Teams toward technology solution evaluation and Architecture design for application delivery to ensure that the solution implementations are aligned with the Architecture and Technology framework and future roadmap.
• Collaborate with the Infrastructure and Application teams during the first implementation of new technologies, engaging with partners, as required, to drive successful outcomes.
• Applications Development Frameworks definition, including SW Code Quality framework and collaborating with IT Security team for the SW Code Security framework definition.
• Lead the evaluation and selection of new technology approaches to reinforce and evolve the global enterprise architecture model.
• Be accountable for defining, creating and socializing end-to-end design and development of business solutions.
• Participate in key project design reviews as part of the business demand process to ensure that architecture designs adhere to the enterprise architecture guidelines.
• Working Experience with multiple Cloud platforms, such as Azure, GCP and AWS, including the best practices for those platforms.
• Strong understanding of new digital technologies and capabilities.
• Strong vendor management skills.
Education & Experience Required :
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related study, or equivalent related project experience.
Ability to build strong relationships within Local and Global IT (Applications, Infrastructure and Security).
• Strong goals orientation and presentation skills.
• Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short- term perspectives on proposed solutions.
• Ability to translate business needs into architecture r equirements.
• Ability to estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives.
• Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
• Exposure to a diverse set of technologies and environments.
• Able to manage multiple priorities under challenging and rigid deadlines.
• Able to work with management team counterparts to meet priorities and resolve issues.
• Program/Project Management.
• Management of external staff.
• Management of a wide range of technologies and associated vendors.
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
• Must be a proven team player and demonstrate ability to work with teams across the globe
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org