Avangrid Associate Engineer - Gas Engineering in Orange, Connecticut
Associate Engineer - Gas Engineering
Company: THE SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT
Orange, CT, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
The Associate Engineer is an entry level position that may work in any aspect of gas engineering including: technical services, system planning, and design and delivery (construction and maintenance standards, regulatory compliance, short and long term project development for safe and reliable distribution system operations, gate and regulator station equipment, and design and construction of gas facilities). The Associate Engineer works under the guidance of other engineers on assigned tasks that support planning, designing and build new or replacement facilities.
The Associate Engineer is responsible for day-to-day tasks and longer term assignments as determined by the Supervisor/Manager to support engineering department and corporate goals.
Skills and Requirements
• Theoretical Engineering knowledge - Planning, Operations and Engineering Design, Analytic, modeling & Calculation, understanding the business model; Global View of the Business (Values cross-functional collaboration, understands importance of growing knowledge and developing relationships and links across the organization)
• Practical engineering experience/application - Planning, Operations and Engineering Design, Construction, (e.g. field experience, standardization "Perform economic analyses of engineering alternatives, develop business cases and defend in front of stakeholders.")
• Engineering documentation – Ability to adequately document and interpret engineering documentation
• Ability to review and approve engineering work done by others to ensure compliance with company standards, specifications, and contract requirements
• Knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance Environment – Local, State and Federal Regulatory Standards and requirements
• (For Smart Grids) Networking, Computer Security, and Databases - Understanding Networking, security, computer hardware, software applications, database structure, and data communication equipment.
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or civil engineering or related field of study and/or experience
Preferred Qualifications: (Optional)
Strong computer and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications.
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com