American Electric Power Senior Coal Handler in Oologah, Oklahoma
Senior Coal Handler
Under minimal supervision, perform coal handling function including the operation and maintenance of all coal handling equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) Operate conveyors, coal sampling equipment, heavy equipment and related devices used to prepare and transport coal and other materials. Where required, couple and uncouple railroad cars, operate rail switches, and perform other functions related to loading and unloading of coal.
2) Perform or assist in the performance of maintenance work on any type of coal handling and/or ash disposal equipment.
3) Clean coal conveyor system as required. Maintain equipment, tools, and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
4) Perform duties in accordance with Company's safety rules, operating regulations and practices, and report unsafe conditions and practices. Direct the work of employees assigned to assist.
5) Train for and carry out assignments in firefighting, first aid and other emergency response programs as required.
6) Prepare and maintain records if required using Microsoft Word and Excel, or other software.
7) Assist in training other employees as needed; perform other job duties as assigned.
Auto req ID:
Education requirements are listed below:
- Two year Associate degree in power plant technology, industrial technology, energy technology or equivalent.
Work Experience requirement listed below:
Equivalent would include 2 years of military experience or some post high school education plus two years of related industrial experience.
Four years related work experience.
Physical demand level is Not Yet Determined and requirements details are listed below:
8) Must be able to stand or walk continuously for up to 8 hours.
Successful completion of the Plant Operator Selection System and Maintenance Selection System (POSS/MASS) is required for this position.
Thorough working knowledge of the tools and equipment and their use as required in the work and a working knowledge of equipment clearance procedures and the rules, safety practices and procedures applicable to the work.
Knowledgeable about the location, layout, functions and operation of the coal and ash handling facilities and also must be able to work on a wide variety of coal handling equipment, including diesel engines.
Must be available to work rotating shifts if required. Holidays and weekends as required. Must be available for callout.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets
American Electric Power
- American Electric Power Jobs