Omaha Public Power District Sr Corporate Accountant in Omaha, Nebraska
- Provide assistance in implementing corporate processes and department procedures for the preparation and maintenance of the asset and corporate financial records to achieve timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Research, analyze and make recommendations on financial and accounting issues, which are in the best interest of the District’s financial position, provide effective internal controls and maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles for proprietary funds of governmental entities.
- Act as a lead for special project work, and identify and address financial, procedural and operational issues based on the analyses performed.
- Plan, direct and monitor corporate and asset accounting procedures, controls and records to provide management with financial information for operating decisions to assure compliance with accounting and tax regulations, bond resolutions and regulatory agencies and to assure the integrity of financial reports.
- Provide the accounting support for corporate products and services or contractual agreements including forecasting, financial reporting, billing and consulting on all financial matters.
- Support the operation, identification, development and implementation of corporate information systems to maintain effective controls for financial reporting, asset accounting and special projects.
- Support and act as a resource for District financial/operational/regulatory audits and reviews and communicate appropriate business information to the responsible parties (i.e. auditors) accurately, timely and professionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA or other recognized professional accounting certification)
- Five years of accounting, auditing or related work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- This position requires thoroughness, accuracy, and demonstrated excellence in documentation skills, oral and written communication skills, and human relations skills
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills, analytical and decision-making abilities, and organizational skills, along with the ability to work in a supervisory role
- Solid leadership skills. Proven ability to build solid relationships with others, both within and outside of the Company
- Must have a thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience using computers and business applications (ie. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access or similar software)
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, able to manage several projects simultaneously and to work independently
Master’s Degree in a related field desired (MBA preferred)
Vision Leading the way we power the future.
Mission To provide affordable, reliable and environmentally sensitive energy services to our customers.
Values We have a PASSION to serve – We HONOR our community – We CARE about each other.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before August 22, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in 'DRAFT' form and will not be viewed by our Human Resources staff.
Job ID: 295485
Location: Omaha, NE - Energy Plaza