Omaha Public Power District Manager Cyber Security in Omaha, Nebraska
Responsible for developing and leading the cybersecurity operations and risk management functions which provides operational leadership and input, associated with Information Security Operations, Vulnerability and Threat Management, eDiscovery and Risk Management. Establishes and directs the design, development, testing, and implementation of appropriate Information Security tactics, plans, products, and other access control techniques. Also, identifies emerging vulnerabilities, evaluates associated risks and threats, and provides countermeasures where necessary. Directs the staff in the evaluation of risks and threats, development, implementation, communication, operation, monitoring and maintenance of the information security technologiesaround the protection of OPPD’s systems, facilities and information. Manages the reporting, investigation, and resolution of information security incidents. Interacts effectively with peers across the organization and external partners to identify and collaborate on initiatives to strengthen OPPD as an employer of choice, and a community partner.
Management of People Develop and maintain a high performing team that aligns with OPPD’s Accountable Management System guidelines and empowered to deliver on assigned Key Accountabilities (KA)s.
- Effectively apply OPPD’s Managerial Leadership Practices (MLPs) (i.e.: Management Accountabilities, Talent Inventory, Succession Planning, Organizational Performance Planning and Clarity, etc.) for assigned staff.
- Determine and resource the appropriate level of Security and Information Protection talent to ensure the appropriate level of support for OPPD.
- Develop and ensure an effective level of business/technical acumen for staff per assigned role/function.
- Ensure staff maintain an adequate knowledge of cybersecurity and information risk ) functions to ensure that detection and protection can be provided in a manner that optimizes OPPD’s resources and mitigates risks in a manner that supports OPPDs core business.
- Develop and maintain a set of staff performance metrics.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with team and immediate supervisor in discussing matters of importance.
Cybersecurity:Accountable to develop and implement plans and programs (1-2 years in scope)in alignment with OPPD’s Security andInformation Protection strategy to deliver desired outputs/assigned KAs.
- Lead the design, integration and ownership of all end-to-end processes, policies, and practices utilized within the department/division.
- Conduct/lead analysis of Cyber Security and Information Protection best practices and competitive intelligence to facilitate the development of Business Case Proposals (BCPs) for opportunities to increase operational and organizational efficiency, compliance, and/or revenue/profitability.
- Direct the Corporate Information Protection and security programs which protects corporate computing
- resources, facilities and information from unauthorized use, disclosure, modification and destruction by accidental or intentional means.
- Oversee and leadcyber security incident response team (CSIRT) investigations.
- Develop and maintain a set of performance metrics (Team vs. Individual) (Past vs. Present and Predictive). Monitor, adjust as needed, track, and develop executive reporting and analysis as scheduled.
- Develop and implement a plan(s) for identifying, analyzing and remediating security gaps, changes to compliance, and overall security best practices. Provide regular updates to management on the progress and associated risks with the associated project(s). Ensure that the plan(s) aligns to all regulatory compliance guidelines.
Continuous Improvement: Provide input to Manager’s planning to enhance functional group/team effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities and provide input to the enhancement of the function’s current technologies/systems/policies/procedures/Roles, etc.
- Develop and maintain a set of metrics that define and enable tracking and reporting of team and individual performance.
- Develop, maintain, adjust and submit, as needed, revised staffing plans to advise Manager on the staffing levels required to effectively support growth.
Communication: Ensure the effective delivery and reinforcement of Security & Information Protection, Business Unit & Corporate communications to assigned staff/team members in alignment with expectations regarding timing, audience, confidentiality, frequency, and format.
- Provide opportunities for individual staff members to discuss implications in a confidential 1:1 manner (If Applicable/As Needed)
- Observe and collect feedback for communication owner(s)
Cross Functional Collaboration (CFC):Define, assign, and ensure adherence to all assigned/ applicable CFC relationships for self & subordinate staff.
- Work collaboratively with IT and OPPD peers to identify and define effective and efficient working relationships across OPPD.
- Collaborate with peers across OPPD to define the Security & Information Protection Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), accountabilities and authorities for all departmental/divisional programs, policies, procedures.
Fiscal Accountability:Accountable for the adherence to allocated budget for Security & Information Protection. Ensure topics such as the development and enhancement of: talent, technology, products and services are aligned to OPPD’s IT strategic plan.
- Monitor and report on status of budgetary status. (Variance to Plan / Capital Expenditures / OM&A;)
- Facilitate the development of Business Case Proposals (BCPs)for opportunities to increase CE operational efficiency and/or revenue/profitability.
Compliance:Understand and comply with all OPPD policies, and applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and address employee performance issues in relation to compliance accountabilities.
- Ensure all Security & Information Protection products, systems, policies and services comply with OPPD policies.
Professionalism in the Workplace: Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships internally and externally to OPPD.
A minimum of five years’ experience in an equivalent supervisory or lead role position inclusive of experience with intrusion detection and security operations centered leadership
Applicant must have experience managing a suite of cybersecurity tools including Splunk, Splunk Enterprise, and other security information and event management tools
Must have experience leading incident response teams and managing incident response actions from preparation to recovery
A degree in Cyber Security, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, other technical field, or equivalent experience.
Must have, or obtain, security clearance qualification for NERC, NRC, FCS Critical Group, and SGI.
Must be able to accommodate 24-hour on-call availability.
The skills to plan, schedule and organize work and manage resources effectively,
Effective human relations and communication skills; strong mentoring abilities for teamwork.
Capability to perform under stressful situations and the ability to handle multiple complex conflicting priorities.
Additional experience or education or certification in service management is highly desired.
- Nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Must have the ability to: work on multiple tasks at one time; work under stressful situations; operate a computer and other office equipment; sit at a desk for more than one hour at a time; move about the Company and interact with all levels of the Company.
- Frequent requirements of this position: sitting, speaking, hearing, ability to see information in print and/or electronically, keyboarding, and handling objects with hands.
- Occasional requirements of this position: standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting and carrying at least 10 pounds, and driving.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com, on or before June 14, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE-Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in "DRAFT" form and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.
Job ID: 295321
Location: Omaha, NE - Energy Plaza
Full/Part Time: Full-Time