Omaha Public Power District Manager Capital Investment & Budgeting in Omaha, Nebraska
OPPD's mission is to provide affordable, reliable and environmentally sensitive energy services to our customers. To accomplish this mission OPPD is seeking a Manager of Capital Investment and Budgeting. This group provides budget oversight and capital investment portfolio planning for the entire District and includes the following key accountabilities:
- The development, collaborative preparation and issuance of OPPD's Annual Corporate Operating Plan and Strategic Asset Management Plan.
- Policy and program development for the District's planned, annual capital investment prioritization.
- Providing guidance on business case standards for capital investments and evaluation.
- Post-investment tracking and review on major capital investments as well as a broad range of finanial analysis and specialized studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, engineering or other business related area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with capital prioritization programs, capital allocations, monitoring and reporting
- Experience in the oversight and execution of operating plans and/or budgets at the enterprise level
- Proven ability to develop relationships and clearly communicate technical issues with internal and external customers
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, engineering, or related field.
- A working knowledge of the concepts associated with the operation of an electrical utility system, including system protection and generation and transmission design and operation
- Experience with Asset Management and Planning software (Copperleaf, etc)
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com, on or by July 2, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in 'DRAFT' form and will not be viewed by our Human Resources staff.
Job ID: 295431
Location: Omaha, NE - Energy Plaza
Full/Part Time: Full-Time