Omaha Public Power District Junior Engineering Aid in Omaha, Nebraska
This position provides technical assistance with the various clerical, drafting, and work order design duties to support the construction of OPPD’s distribution facilities. Duties may be narrowly or broadly focused on the Responsibilities and Accountabilities that follow.
- Technical assistance in the computer aided drafting and work order design duties to support the construction and of OPPD’s distribution facilities.
- Create, maintain, and distribute Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawings, standards, computer and manual records, atlases, surveys, and equipment files as required.
- Provide preliminary information, computations, and drawings for project engineers and other personnel.
- Log, record and file various work order and records information.
- Operate engineering scanning, copying, and plotting equipment.
- Proficient in procurement of equipment and processes/procedures related to departmental operations.
- Complete complex field inspections, field surveys, and verification of as-built drawings status ensuring accurate and timely drawings.
- High school diploma or GED
- Formal training in CAD, Geographic Information (GIS), or surveying.
- A valid driver’s license.
- MicroStation, Intergraph products, Global Positioning System (GPS), Microsoft Office, or surveying experience as applicable to department requirements.
- Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering Technology or Computer Aided Design and Drafting.
Leading the way we power the future.
To provide affordable, reliable and environmentally sensitive energy services to our customers.
We have a PASSION to serve – We HONOR our community – We CARE about each other.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before December 31, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE - Your application has not been submitted unless you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen a specific opening, your application will remain in 'DRAFT' form and will not be viewed by our Human Resources staff.
Job ID: 295596
Location: Omaha, NE - Energy Plaza
Full/Part Time: Full-Time