NextEra Energy Wind Regional Executive Director- Central Region in Oklahoma, Oklahoma
Wind Regional Executive Director- Central Region
Date: Feb 12, 2024
Location(s): Oklahoma, OK, US, 73103
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 78462
is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
Responsible for managing the overall safe and reliable operations of a geographically distributed portfolio of wind sites. Leaders are expected to manage all aspects of production/ generation so that the objectives set for the Wind fleet are achieved. Work with the leadership team to develop, communicate and achieve tactical and strategic goals in areas of total cost, upstream quality, and delivery assurance. Develop systems and processes which establish and maximize revenue for the business. Work with all levels of management, personnel and customers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
He/she shall be responsible for managing a cross functional team to include but not limited to operations leaders, general managers, engineers, business analysts, and leaders. He/she shall be responsible for execute operations, costs management, return to service, material and inventory management strategies. He/she shall be responsible for developing and maintaining functional quality excellence with a focus on continuous improvement, lean and reliability improvement through proper development and allocation of human and capital resources. He/she shall provide direction and support to ensure support teams, preventative maintenance, upstream quality, and central maintenance schedule priorities are integrated into their respective organizations to ensure continuous improvement of the wind fleet.
• Ensures compliance to all Power Generation Division (PGD) operational model processes.
• Leads by example and emulates the PGD shared values
• Interfaces with community leaders, regulatory agencies, equipment manufacturers, and local government and community representatives
• Ensures that contractual obligations are met
• Leads collaboration teams and wind operations tactical teams
• Supports the development and execution of all PGD initiatives and aids in future planning and execution
• Confirms all availability and financial targets are achieved across the region
• Oversees all regional budgeting and accurate reforecasts
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Financial & Business
• Prepares, monitors, and will be responsible for budget and business/operational results in his/her team.
• Achieve total cost and wind operations goals
• Responsible for actively promoting an ethics-based business culture in his/her organization, ensuring that all employees are aware of and fully comply with PGD/ NEE Code of Ethics. Incumbent shall ensure that employees are trained in standards of conduct articulated in the Code of Ethics and that the policies, procedures, and other materials that explain in a practical manner what is required of employees are available or disseminated.
Continuous Improvement/ Ss
• Promote safety and drive operational excellence
• Drives flawless execution through data-driven insights
• Effectively respond to all critical issues in timely fashion
• Achieve Continuous Improvement objectives
• Comply with all regulatory requirements
• Ensure compliance with off taker requirements
• Meet availability targets.
• Reduce cost and deliver on productivity targets
Full participation in employee survey and engagement programs
All leaders have specific objectives tied to organizational goals
Communicate metrics/performance on a regular basis.
Reduce recordables and safety incidents. Target ZERO
Environmental, Health & Safety
Contribute to a safe & healthy workplace by:
Complying with environment requirements & safe workplace practices when performing
duties with due concern for all other persons.
Support improvements to eliminate or reduce workplace risks.
Immediately reporting & responding as appropriate to any hazardous condition.
- Responsible for a wide range of technical and analytical duties involving diversified and
complex wind operations processes and quality programs, projects, or problems. These
duties require supervising investigations, and approval of analysis to provide information to
Experience in operations, finance, and commercial practices strongly preferred.
Strong lean enterprise or six sigma experience preferred.
Proven experience of achieving targets in a dynamic manufacturing or production environment
Good knowledge of production, operations, and materials planning, practices, and processes
Strong teamwork and leadership abilities
Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure in time-sensitive situations
Knowledge of renewables and utility business strongly preferred.
Highly competent in assimilating quickly to new assignments with limited supervision.
Ability to balance capacities of different shops to maximize overall customer delivery and effectiveness.
Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
Action-Oriented Problem Solving
Drive for Results
Developing Direct Reports and Others
Strategic Thinking & Agility
Leaders in this job are responsible for managing the overall safe and reliable operations of a large wind region consisting of multiple wind sites.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Ensures compliance to all Power Generation Division (PGD) operational model processes
Leads by example and emulates the PGD shared values
Interfaces with community leaders, regulatory agencies, equipment manufacturers, and local government and community representatives
Ensures that contractual obligations are met
Leads collaboration teams and wind operations tactical teams
Supports the development and execution of all PGD initiatives and aids in future planning and execution
Confirms all availability and financial targets are achieved across the region
Oversees all regional budgeting and accurate reforecasts
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 7+ years
Supervisor/Management Experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: NextEra Energy Operating Services, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs