OGE Energy Corp. Intern - Fleet Technician in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Intern - Fleet Technician
Requisition ID: 750
Job Category: Internships
Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73105
Job Code: 128334
Pay Grade 33
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities, Women, Individuals with DisABILITIES & Veterans Encouraged to apply.
Under direct supervision, assists with and may perform maintenance and repairs to ensure optimum efficiency and safety on company cars, trucks, cranes, tractors, fork trucks, trenching equipment, trailers and portable air compressors, including hydraulically operated equipment and/or devices.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibilities are varied but related to primary focus of job area. May work outside area of assigned duties. Routine duties based on detailed instruction. Works under direct supervision. Responds to routine questions and problems within standards and guides. Refers complex issues to higher levels.
• Assists with minor maintenance and repairs (e.g., Oil Change, Inspections, Hose repairs, etc.).
• Assists with minor diagnostics and makes recommendations on needed repairs.
• Assists mechanics as needed at various company facilities.
• Assists with the shuttle of vehicle and equipment between the various company facilities.
• Cleans or strips vehicles to prepare for auction or to be returned for service.
• Performs basic shop clean up tasks.
• Performs wheel and tire repair, including mounting and dismounting.
• Attends meetings and training classes dealing with both technical and procedural skills.
• High School Diploma/GED and currently pursuing an Associate's degree in Automotive Technology, or enrolled in a vocational school/college with a focus in Automotive Technology.
• May be required to work non-standard work schedules including evenings and weekends.
• May be exposed to inclement weather.
• May be required to operate motor vehicles safely in all traffic, weather, and light conditions.
• May work under hazardous conditions where physical danger exists due to mechanical equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - LIFTING AND OTHER WEIGHT REQMTS
• Occasionally: Sitting
• Occasionally: Climbing
• Occasionally: Kneeling
• Occasionally: Crouching
• Occasionally: Crawling
• Occasionally: Repetitive Motions
• Frequently: Standing
• Frequently: Walking
• Frequently: Pushing
• Frequently: Pulling
• Frequently: Stooping
• Frequently: Reaching
• Frequently: Grasping
• Frequently: Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination
Lifting & Other Weight Requirements
• Frequently: Lifting up to 50 lbs
• Frequently: Carrying up to 50 lbs
SPECIAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
• This position is classified as a Safety-Sensitive Job under state law. Individuals in this position are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.’s Drug Testing Plan.
• All positions in which driving is an essential function of the job, regardless if the job code is marked safety sensitive or not, will also be included as safety sensitive. Individuals in positions in which driving is an essential function are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.’s Drug Testing Plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
• Ability to communicate effectively in speech and in writing with team members at all levels throughout the organization, as well as with outside professionals.
• Ability to understand and comply with company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Ability to understand equipment, systems, and processes.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, following approved work methods, and standard testing practices.
• Ability to effectively use a personal computer with knowledge of MS Office Suite applications.
• Ability to learn, understand, and follow safety requirements, and the use of personal protective equipment.
• Mechanical aptitude and familiarity working with mechanical equipment.
• Ability to learn, diagnose, and repair automotive and mechanical equipment.
• Ability to learn and utilize diagnostic equipment (i.e. scanner, digital volt ohm meter, starting, and charging system testers).
• Ability to learn, read, and interpret electrical vehicle schematics and hydraulic schematics.
• Ability to develop welding skills to perform minor welds using various types of equipment, as required.
• Ability to find information using the resources available.
• Ability to learn and perform inspections, diagnostics, and repairs.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with DOT certification required or must obtain within 180 days of hire (Required)
• Valid Driver’s License (Required)
HEALTH AND SAFETY (MEDICAL/DOT REQUIREMENTS)
• Pre-Employment Drug Screen
• Pre-Employment Physical
• Job Specific Physical Assessment
• Safety Sensitive
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma