ITC Holdings Engineer (Operations Applications Engineering) All Levels in Novi, Michigan
Provides engineering support to ensure the functionality and accuracy of the Energy Management System (EMS) – System Operations Applications used for studying, monitoring, analyzing and operating the high voltage electric power grid in both the off-line and real-time environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain EMS power system models and supporting data files required to support EMS system operations tools for operational planning and real-time operations.
• Resolve functional EMS Power Flow (PF), State Estimator (SE), Contingency Analysis (CA) and OTS power system modeling and database problems.
• Work with IT/SCADA engineering department to support the processes required to update, integrate and maintain SCADA measurements used by EMS system operations applications databases and data files.
• Formulate recommendations for EMS operations computer application software/process enhancements and improvements.
• Maintain, support and enhance the availability and accuracy of EMS system operations applications with respect to industry related operational best practices.
• Maintain and support the functionality of the Operator Training Simulator (OTS) by developing the required Energy Management System (EMS) power system, Automatic Generation Control (AGC), and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) models to provide a realistic simulation of the power system.
• Develop and build OTS power system scenarios the System Operations Department to provide individual operator and team simulator training.
• Assist Operations Training with OTS applications for black start restoration drills and exercises.
• Participate in external working groups (e.g. Forum) for professional development and implementing, where applicable, best practices being utilized in the industry.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Power system coursework preferred.
• Associate level - entry level, Engineer - two (2) years of related experience, Senior Engineer - five (5) years of related experience.
• For Engineer and Senior Engineer two (2) - five (5) years of experience in any one or combination of the following is preferred: Energy Management Systems (EMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and power system advanced analysis and monitoring applications, or; Planning, design, or real-time operation of electric utility transmission systems.
• Working knowledge of the following OSI (or equivalent) EMS Advanced Applications tools are preferred: State Estimator (SE), Contingency Analysis (CA) and Power Flow (PF), Operator Training Simulator (OTS).
• Possess sound analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, in a team environment.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
Title: Engineer (Operations Applications Engineering) All Levels
Requisition ID: 1900002B