Eversource Energy Electric Service Designer in Norwalk, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
ACCOUNT ABILITIE S - PRIMARY DUTIES (top 7-9 accountabilities)
- Maintains and builds customer relationshipsbyensuring customer requests are met in a timely fashion.
- Designs layoutsforservice additions and changes totheCompany electric system using Company approved standardsandpolicies. Performs technical calculations and prepares work orders as assigned.
- Communicates internally and externally the Company requirementsforelectric service installation.
- Designs, negotiates, and coordinates the installation of residential, commercial, and industrial services including the preparation of
cost estimates, work orders, and written service agreements as assignee! Works with others (e.g. Supervisors, Sr. Consultants, Engineers) to prepare work orders for larger commercial and industrial service installations.
- Prepares easement documents and private property permits as required for services and extensions on private property.
- Designs, negotiates and coordinates the relocationofoverhead and underground facilities, including the preparation of work orders and cost estimates as assigned.
- Recommends designs and coordinates installationofresidential streetlights. Prepares work orders for the installationof security
lighting and unmetered services for customers. Prepares residential or commercial contracts as assigned.
- Performs analysis/assistance in emergency restoration in the facilitation of restoration efforts. Expectedtowork beyond regular
business hours as required.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Training and Experience
Associates degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or related field.
High School diploma or the equivalent. One year of formal technical training. 4-6 years of related electrical distribution experience.
Refer to Time Merit Progression (TMP) for experience required for each step.
- Technical Skills: Sound knowledge of electrical distributionsystems andconstruction standards and techniques.
- Internal Contacts: Various NU departments, Customer Service, Transportation, Stores, IT, Telecommunications personnel/departments, Real Estate, Analysts, Planners, Managers and Supervisors, Engineers, Circuit Owners, Zone ManagersandClerical / Secretarial support.
- External Contacts: Customers, contractors, municipal and state contact persons, business and utility representatives.
- Challenges: Meet internal and external customer expectations and improve overall customer satisfaction. Work to better New Service work performance and overall efficiency. Becostconscious. Reducethenumber of rewrites necessary on each project.
- Freedom to Act: Determines detail design, applicable fees, easement requirements, permitting requirements and locations for
service requests. _Uses independent judgment and discretion in applying appropriate NU Engineering Standards and appropriate Business Policies. Is on the alert for unsafe acts or conditions while traveling within the work areas and reacts accordingly.
• Safety Awareness - Continually demonstrate that safetyisrequired for successful completionof allwork assignments.
- Negotiation - Effective exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance.
- Teamwork (Cooperation ) · Active participationin,and facilitationof,teameffectiveness;taking actionsthat demonstrate consideration for the feelings and needs of others;beingaware of the effectof one’sbehavior on others.
- Judgment (Problem Solution) - Committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual informationandthattake into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Customer Service Orientation - Making efforts to listen to and understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Sound knowledge of electrical distribution systems and construction standards and techniques.
Bargaining unit employees under the TEAL contract will be given first consideration. In addition, this position is being posted internally and externally.
Candidates must successfully pass the TECH Test.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume with their application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs