National Grid Massachusetts Electric Call Center Rep (Hybrid) - Hiring Immediately! in Northboro, Massachusetts
Location: Northborough, Ma
Wage: $24.41/hr plus overtime + paid time off + benefits
Shift: 10:30 am - 7 pm
National Grid’s Customer Contact Center Representative position is an entry level, union-represented role that offers qualified candidates an opportunity to join a challenging, fast paced environment with great benefits and opportunity for promotion and development. As you progress, you will have opportunities to apply to other positions outside of this career path (such as management, supervisory, etc.) This position is responsible for completing the detailed transactions and extensive research, analysis and problem-solving necessary to facilitate a timely and satisfactory response to customer issues and concerns.
Under general supervision, representatives handle fundamental customer contacts, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Hybrid environment to include working remotely and/ or on location, as needed therefore must be in the general area of Northborough, MA to come in when needed
• Update customer account information
• Take customer payments
• Assist Customers with beginning and ending service
• Scheduling field orders in alignment with customer expectations
• Assist customers with billing issues both simple and complex
• Handle collections related concerns and assist customers with the various options available to maintain and/or reinstate their service
• Handle Emergency Calls
Due to the essential nature of the services we provide our customers, National Grid’s Contact Center’s hours of operation are 24/7 and accepted applicants will be assigned to work as needed by the business to support our customer centric objectives.
• Must be willing to work assigned shifts, which may include weekends, holidays and/or overtime (shifts will be assigned in advanced)
• Must be available for full-time training; all training is paid. Consistent and punctual attendance is a must.
• Must remain up to date with all verbal and written communications including using email and supervisor to agent communication tools.
• Respond to all customer contacts included but not limited to gas and electric investigations, complex meter situations, web inquiries, email and correspondence.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to include response to email, mail, web chat.
• Trained to identify customer account issues surrounding meter, billing, collection, and service inquiries that need resolution, as well as, ensuring proper company resources are utilized to resolve issues with customer satisfaction.
• Provide information on the products and programs offered by the company and generate referrals to the appropriate department, if necessary.
• Investigate and analyze customer problems and develop appropriate solutions to satisfy customer needs.
• Will be expected to respond to emergency call out and work extended and planned hours when company emergencies occur
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.