TECO Energy Environmental Specialist (Varies) in North Ruskin, Florida
Environmental Specialist (Varies)
Date:Aug 6, 2022
Location: North Ruskin, Florida, US, 33570
Apply now »
Power up a career with us. Our people are our greatest investments.
Be the light to help us keep our customers connected. If you are interested in a career and not just a position, Tampa Electric is the place to be! Tampa Electric offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities for growth and development in a friendly and professional work environment. We embrace diversity and the inclusion of all. We believe our differences, unique perspectives and talents are our strengths and integral to the success of our company.
We’re honored to serve approximately 780,000 customers across West Central Florida and safely provide them with clean, affordable and reliable electricity. We’ve been doing it for more than 100 years, and there’s so much more ahead.
Join our team of energy experts as we build on that legacy through innovation, continued solar investments, cost-effective and sustainable energy solutions all while keeping top-notch customer service at the center of all we do.
Tampa Electric is a subsidiary of Emera Inc., a family of energy companies which also includes TECO Peoples Gas and New Mexico Gas Company. Emera provides energy to residential and commercial customers in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean, with career opportunities available in all of these locations.
This position is part of a progression. The successful candidate will be placed in the progression based on their experience, knowledge and education. The salary will be commensurate with the placement within the progression.
This position is responsible for activities providing support to the environmental, supervisory and engineering staff at Big Bend Station. Environmental duties include supporting the environmental staff in environmental compliance inspections, documentation and tracking. Support of engineering and supervisory staff includes assisting in project documentation, information tracking through SharePoint.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compliance with waste management includes include identification, tracking and disposal activities associated with waste materials generated on site. This includes proper handling and storage, correctly preparing manifests for transport and disposal of solid waste, universal wastes, and hazardous wastes and inspections of waste storage areas. This position will provide support to all Big Bend Station, including Energy Supply Services Fleet, Warehouse and Asset Management areas and Engineering and Project Management on proper handling of waste materials and will provide guidance on addressing both company and contractor compliance. This position will take on a lead role in agency inspections.
• Compliance with air regulation include tracking daily air emissions, coordinating, performing and supporting Title V air compliance testing, compiling required quarterly, semi-annual and annual air reports, supporting agency inspections and supporting, as needed, the station's general air compliance activities, including emissions from coal-fired and/or natural gas combustion units, combustion turbines, flue gas desulfurization processes, electrostatic precipitator operations and NOx control processes.
• Compliance with management of storage tanks, oil filled equipment and spill management, including identifying new storage vessels, registration and/or permitting of storage tanks, inspections and documentation of compliance requirements and support for agency inspections.
• Compliance with water management and wastewater requirements include tracking permit requirements and supporting the Big Bend Station engineering staff with maintaining and ensuring the requirements the Best Management Practices and Storm Water Pollution Prevention protocols are met, ensuring water permit requirements are performed on time and support agency inspections as needed. Compliance with water management also addresses any dredge and fill permitting and notifications necessary.
• Support station initiatives in special projects and station goals and provide assistance in utilization of software tools such as Excel, SharePoint, WorkMan, SAP and others to assist in tracking and tabulating station data for reporting, tracking and trending station data as needed.
• Responsible for overall compliance tracking and reporting for the Station as identified above, including annual, quarterly and monthly air and water permitting requirements as well as internal compliance updates and preventative maintenance tracking for required compliance activities. Documents that regulatory requirements are performed in a timely manner and provide access to documentation to regulatory agencies and internal audit teams.
Required: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a regionally accredited school.
Preferred: Work experience associated with regulatory oversight and compliance.
Environmental Specialist I
Required: Does not require experience just Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
Environmental Specialist II
Required: Minimum of 2 years of work experience related to the Duties & Responsibilities of this position
Required: Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, and Word applications. Ability to develop spreadsheets, pivot tables and reports related to the Duties and Responsibilities of this position as well as strong organizational and communication skills
Preferred: Experience in SharePoint applications.
•Builds Strong, Collaborative Relationships
•Drives Operational Excellence for Customers
•Speaks Up on Safety, Health, and the Environment
•Takes Ownership & Acts with Integrity
•Thinks Strategically & Exercises Sound Judgment
TECO offers a competitive Benefits package!!
Competitive Salary 401k Savings plan w/ company matching * Pension plan * Paid time off Paid Holiday time * Medical, Prescription Drug, & Dental Coverage *Tuition Assistance Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs * On-site Fitness Centers * Bonus Plan and more!
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS....Please make sure to read below!!! Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment.
TECO Energy and its companies serve a role in providing critical services to our community during an emergency. Team members are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our TECO Energy customers. Team members are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's rules and procedures.
TECO Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at TECO Energy will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
It is the policy of TECO Energy to provide reasonable accommodation for all qualified disabled individuals who are employees and applicants for employment, unless it would cause undue hardship. The corporation will adhere to applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including, but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1970s.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation in the application process five business days prior to the time accommodation is needed.
Pre-employment physical exams may be required for positions with bona fide job-related physical requirements regardless of disability.