NextEra Energy Principal Financial Analyst in North Palm Beach, Florida
Principal Financial Analyst
Date: May 23, 2023
Location(s): North Palm Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
A leading residential clean energy solutions provider, EverBright provides a platform that designs, proposes and finances solar and storage projects nationwide. EverBright brings together finance and technology, to provide customers with an all-in-one solution for powering their carbon-neutral homes. Our mission is to be the driving force in the decarbonization of our planet by delivering accurate solar designs, affordable and flexible financing options, and the best service possible.
Employees in this role supports Senior Management decision making via financial modeling and scenario analysis, including but not limited to, discounted cash flow analysis and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analyses of financial impacts of issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Contribute and support EverBright’s short- and long-term financial business plan and strategy including monthly 5-year forecast, capital expenditure forecasting, scenario analysis and portfolio optimization
· Coordinate with sales to develop and refine sales volume forecast by product type
· Coordination with data analytics team to support financial reporting needs to track backlog and analyze portfolio performance
· Prepare reports and/or presentations of analysis; present statistical results in non-technical terms to leaders or colleagues
· Create model documentation; work with compliance and accounting teams to ensure adequacy of process, statistical models and model reviews
· Leads value-added projects such as supporting leadership in the development of strategic plans, mergers and acquisitions, project development, optimization, and restructuring
· Collaborate with other departments, including product, operations, accounting, and capital markets, to ensure alignment of goals and priorities
· Trains and mentors junior analysts
· Bachelor's – Accounting / Finance / Mathematics / Economics
· Master's - Accounting / Finance / Mathematics / Economics
· CFA certification
· CPA certification
Employees in this role supports Senior Management decision making via financial modeling, including but not limited to, revenue requirement and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analyses of financial impacts of issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, financial integrity, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department’s forecasting models
• Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc.
• Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services
• Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies
• Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings
• Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management
• Acts as a mentor to lower level employees
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 6+ years
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance
• Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs