DTE Energy Technical Specialist - RPO in Newport, Michigan
Technical Specialist - RPO-10942
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 5 consecutive years
· 7th on Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply technical knowledge of Radiation Protection Program to monitor performance, anticipate problems, analyze issues, develop and recommend solutions. Propose ideas for improvements that will assure program regulatory compliance, the achievement of defined performance measures, and the safe and reliable operation, maintenance, and refueling of the nuclear power plan (involving customer service and support of over 1000 normally, to as many as 2000 personnel during an outage).
Investigate technical problems, evaluate data collected, determine causes, and recommended solutions.
Provide technical consulting within discipline, conferring /collaborating with employees, supervision, and management and/or by serving on committees, task forces or solution teams.
Research, gather data, and compile and assemble special reports/self- assessments, working within the constraints for confidentiality and safeguarding of information.
Compare the quality and implementation of technical programs to industry best practices and lessons learned, and formulate recommendations for continuous improvements.
Develop ideas and materials that improve existing work methods, services, or outcomes, and promote the accomplishment of ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable), error-free, quality and environmentally compliant results.
Maintain technical expertise through training, self-study, and professional development activities.
Maintain cognizance of nuclear industry standards and practices.
Must receive a “Recommended” score on a Pre-Hire Assessment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Science with 3 plus years of experience in the Nuclear Power Industry or discipline specific experience; OR Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Science with 5 plus years of experience in the Nuclear Power Industry or discipline specific experience OR 7 plus years of Power Industry or discipline specific experience with high school diploma or equivalent
- Training and/or education in Radiation Protection-Health
Physics/Environmental Health/Chemistry discipline, cause
analysis/problem solving, human performance techniques, self-
assessment, and continuous improvement preferred.
• Capable of working independently with work flow involving movement
between some tasks; cognizant of organizational structure, culture,
philosophy, operating principles, and values; approach others
tactfully and considerately; Work well in groups; able to identify
and solve problems and barriers to process or performance
• Responds to requests for consultation and assistance; capable of
project management and coordination.
• Knowledgeable of nuclear power plant operations and computerized applications and software programs
Job: Nuclear Generation Operations & Maintenance
Title: Technical Specialist - RPO
Primary Location: Michigan-Newport
Requisition ID: 10942