DTE Energy Senior Nuclear Instructor - Ops & MT (RP) in Newport, Michigan
Senior Nuclear Instructor - Ops & MT (RP)
Newport, MI, US
Company: DTE Electric Company
Job ID: 7787
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates classroom, laboratory, and/or simulator training using the Systematic Approach to Training model. Designs, presents and evaluates training in a professional manner to display leadership and reinforce management expectations. Directly guides students in initial Operations and Technical training programs. Works closely with the line organization to help resolve emerging training performance needs.
• Coaches and mentors’ field Subject Matter Expert (SME) presenters to ensure maximum student/client benefit and new instructors.
• Conducts training in accordance with Nuclear Training procedures, work instructions, and best industry practices.
• Prepares and ensures training material and presentations will result in client group performance improvement.
• Represents training on Operations or Technical discipline specific Curriculum Review Committees.
• Interfaces with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations INPO to ensure training programs are in compliance with current regulations.
• Maintains National Academy of Nuclear Training accreditation for assigned accredited training programs.
• Conducts performance gap analysis to create training needs to ensure problems/issues are positioned with the correct solutions.
• Evaluates Training Program Effectiveness through data acquisition, analysis and trending.
• Solicits and responds to management observations of training and student feedback.
• Track and evaluate student performance and course effectiveness.
• Leads training self-assessments and program comprehensive evaluations
• Solicits and responds to management observations, trainee feedback and corrective action documents to identify areas for improvement in the training programs and client performance.
• Reviews work processes and procedures for quality and efficiency and implements revisions as necessary.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and seven years of experience in Nuclear power , OR
Associate degree in science/engineering/education with five years of experience in Nuclear power
Maintains instructor and technical qualifications for assigned Operations and/or Technical discipline.
Discipline Based Qualifications
Senior Nuclear Instructor, Operations Training
- Currently holds or has held a Senior Reactor Operator License or Certification or Reactor Operator License at Fermi or a similar facility
Senior Nuclear Instructor, Technical Training
- Experience must be as an instructor in one or more of the following disciplines: ie: Instrument and Controls, Engineering, Chemistry, Radiation Protection, Electrical Maintenance or Mechanical Maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and experience with implementation of training program using the systematic approach to training (SAT) process in related field
Experience working in nuclear operations
Experience in conducting and using performance analysis techniques
Experience effectively managing complex tasks or projects
Maintains instructor certification qualifications.
Must participate as an Emergency Response Organization ERO member and responds to call-ins as appropriate.
Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
Must be able to pass all phases of In-Processing including a background investigation, psychological screening, appropriate radiation worker/respiratory training and be medically certifiable drug and alcohol screen.
Demonstrates mastery using all phases of the Systematic Approach to Training SAT process.
Ability to work effectively with people at all levels within and outside the company.
Communication and presentation skills.
Must be able to effectively prepare and present classroom presentations.
Must meet regulatory requirements per Fermi Procedures.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.