PSEG Sr NERC Compliance Specialist in Newark, New Jersey
Requisition : 75993
PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range : $ 90,800 - $ 149,800
Incentive : PIP 15%
Work Location Category : Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Responsible for overseeing and managing complex projects related to NERC compliance for Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) , as assigned. Develops and executes project schedules, project tasks, and maintains working relationships within the PSEG companies.
• Accountable for meeting critical NERC reporting deadlines.
• Develop and execute project schedules for NERC related activities of PSEG.
• Support development of and adherence to NERC compliance internal control programs of PSEG to ensure adequate preparation for NERC compliance engagements (e.g., audits) with the NERC regional entities.
• Responsible for internal compliance programs and internal assessments for PSEG.
• Support and oversee activities of NERC audits of PSEG.
• Accountable for meeting critical NERC reporting deadlines and assisting management with compliance.
• Responsible for compiling and maintaining NERC compliance documents, performing assessments and analyses and follow-up with LOB subject matter experts (SMEs). Accountable for guiding the SMEs to create necessary plans for audit preparation and mitigation activities.
• Provide guidance and oversight of the design, organization and maintenance of required NERC documentation for auditing and reporting purposes.
• Review NERC compliance data and records and NERC compliance procedures.
• Support PSEG’s NERC advocacy efforts.
Job Specific Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 6 years of experience in IT, or regulatory compliance, or equivalent
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• Must possess planning and organizing demonstrated skills and abilities, which include good time management and prioritization skills.
• Must have the ability to work in both a team environment and as an individual contributor.
• Must have demonstrated attention to detail skill sets, be results oriented; and be able to work concurrently with multiple deadlines and deliverables.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (e.g. preparation of legal reports)
• Ability to build strong relationships with PSEG internal stakeholders.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skill sets.
• General project management skills.
• Utility Transmission and Distribution experience
• Power Generation experience
• Project management experience
• Experience with Adobe Professional
• Knowledge of NERC standards and compliance
• Knowledge of federal regulations with regard to electric reliability standards, NERC and the NERC Regional Entities and related industry organizations, NERC reliability standards, or similar experience with monitoring and reporting on mandated processes
Minimum Years of Experience
6 years of experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
As an employee of PSEG you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
PSEG’s drug and alcohol testing program includes pre-employment testing, testing for cause, and post-incident/accident testing. For employees in federally regulated roles (including positions covered by USDOT, PHMSA, or NRC regulations), this also includes random testing. All drug and alcohol testing for federally regulated roles is inclusive of marijuana. Employees who transfer into a federally regulated role are subject to drug and alcohol testing, inclusive of marijuana.
PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com (https://sharepoint.pseg.com/Pages/Home.aspx) by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers. This site ( https://jobs.pseg.com/ ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees, with the exception of PSEG employees who do not have company email addresses.
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email email@example.com . Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRights_10_20.pdf)
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Diversity at PSEG: Equal Opportunity Employer
PSEG is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. PSEG's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
PSEG is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
- PSEG Jobs