Con Edison Technical Specialist - Electric Vehicles in New York, New York
Technical Specialist - Electric Vehicles
Apr 6, 2021
Posting Expiration Date: Apr 15, 2021
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Organization: Dist Resource Integration
Department: Demonstration Projects
Section: DRI Electric Vehicles
Location: NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Gas Construction Operating Supervisor (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6505266-operating-supervisor)
Multiple Specialist, Sr Specialist - EH&S Health & Safety - Safety
Chief Construction Inspector (CCI), Construction Public Improvement Engineering (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6488318-chief-construction-inspector)
Specialist (1H), Sr Specialist (2L) (Supervisor) EH&S Lab Services (ChemLab)
Strategy Department Manager, Portfolio Planning & Analysis (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6282135-department-manager)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Manage technical aspects of company Electric Vehicle (EV) initiatives including EV supply equipment (EVSE) specifications and performance requirements, EVSE technical standards, integration of EVs with the grid, including active managed charging technology and operational schemes, and technical aspects of electrification of light-, medium-, and heavy-duty vehicles.
Provide internal guidance and represent Con Edison on Department of Public Service (DPS) and Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) technical working groups.
Represent Con Edison on technical matters in the Joint Utilities working groups.
Support Company programs with respect to technical matters including permitting requirements for EVSE stations, advising services for EV fleets, and Company activities under the NYSERDA Prize competitions focusing on the medium- and heavy-duty vehicle sector and bringing the benefits of EVs to low- and moderate-income and environmental justice communities.
Advise on technical aspects of ongoing Company EV strategy development.
Coordinate with Distribution Planning department on grid integration of EVs including monitoring, control, and technical standards for interoperability.
Support the enhancements of hosting capacity maps and other technical tools to support EV programs.
Represent the Company at industry conferences and meetings with external stakeholders related to Company EV programs and initiatives.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree with 4 years relevant work experience
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or other technical major preferred
Master's Degree MBA, Engineering, or other technical discipline
2 years clean energy technologies
Required Work Experience
Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills Required
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Required
Ability to collaborate with employees within the team and across the organization Required
Experience presenting on technical topics Required
Familiarity with utility distribution interconnection protocols Preferred
Prior experience in the EV space (EV manufacturer, EVSE manufacturer, EVSE developer, etc.) Preferred
Experience with NYC and Westchester County permitting authorities having jurisdiction Preferred
Demonstrated technical knowledge of EV, EVSE, and managed charging technologies
Work experience with EV, EVSE, or managed charging technologies Preferred
Experience working with and presenting to DPS staff and/or executive stakeholders Preferred
Demonstrated ability to manage complex business cases involving financial and technical stakeholders
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.