ConEdison Staff Investigator, Litigation COE - Practice Operations, Investigations & Claims in New York, New York
Staff Investigator, Litigation COE - Practice Operations, Investigations & Claims
Dec 30, 2021
Posting Expiration Date:Feb 28, 2022
Department:Litigation Ctr of Excellence
Section:Prac Opers Inv & Claims
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Sr Attorney, Associate Counsel- Legal Services - General Litigation (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/8391935-sr-attorney-associate-counsel-legal-services-general-litigation)
Multiple, Sr. Attorney or Associate Counsel, Law- Commercial litigation
Sr Staff Attorney or Sr Attorney, Law - Commercial Transactions (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/8366553-sr-staff-attorney-or-sr-attorney-law-commercial-transactions)
Multiple Sr Staff Attorney and Senior Attorney- Commercial litigation
Sr. Specialist, Law-Practice Operations, Legal Innovation & Operations (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/8021949-sr-specialist)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Investigate claims and lawsuits involving the Company; locate and interview witnesses; gather Company and external records; work with outside experts and operating personnel to determine causes of incidents; visit incident sites; take photographs to document observations and site conditions; prepare witnesses for depositions and trial; assess Company liability; and assist in formulating a defense and/or in resolving the matter in a fair and equitable manner.
Review medical reports and hospital records; assist in selection of appropriate medical specialists to evaluate alleged injuries; and work with the attorney and paralegal to prepare medical testimony for trial.
Review and gather information necessary to respond to discovery orders, motions and interrogatories; and assist in the preparation of defense discovery requests.
Assist the attorney in trial preparation and at trial.
Participate in case review and strategy sessions; make recommendations concerning ongoing investigations; and assists in evaluating cases.
Manage a caseload of serious, high-exposure matters.
Assist in the response to incidents and system emergencies.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree minimum of 4 years relevant work experience required
- Bachelor's Degree minimum of 2 years relevant work experience preferred
Required Work Experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Required
Two to four years relevant experience investigating claims, lawsuits and/or incidents is preferred. Preferred
Working knowledge of gas, electric, steam and construction utility operations preferred. Preferred
Field experience in gas, electric and/or steam operations preferred. Preferred
Experience with utility software applications preferred. Preferred
Bilingual skills preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License Required
Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed. This could involve Company or personal vehicle, or public transportation.
Must be able to be respirator fit qualified.
Flexible work arrangements subject to operational needs are available.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.