ConEdison Sr. Attorney, Law - Regulatory Services in New York, New York
Sr. Attorney, Law - Regulatory Services
Jun 14, 2018
Posting Expiration Date:Jul 14, 2018
Section:REG SVCS Regulatory Svcs
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Specialist - Non-Wire Solutions
Sr Specialist, Energy Efficiency - Analytics
Manager, Energy Efficiency - Evaluation
Multiple, Sr. Attorney or Associate Counsel, Labor, Employment, and Benefits
Sr. Analyst, BEC Compliance Management Tech
Manager (Program), Energy Efficiency - Delivery Channel Management
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Assist in the representation of the Company in state and federal regulatory and administrative proceedings and related judicial matters.
Represent the Company in state and federal regulatory proceedings and state and federal judicial proceedings.
Assist in the preparation of a variety of state and federal regulatory filings including rate cases and tariff filings.
Assist in the preparation of briefs, comments, and other submissions in state and federal proceedings and in state and federal court.
Provide legal advice in connection with state and federal regulatory proceedings and with state and federal judicial matters.
Perform legal research and write legal memoranda.
Draft and negotiate legal agreements as necessary.
Provide any other legal service related to Company operations.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Juris Doctorate Juris Doctor Degree from accredited Law School required And Admission (or the ability to waive in) to the New York State Bar required.
Required Work Experience
Minimum of six to eight years of experience providing state or federal legal and regulatory services as part of an in-house utility law department, a law firm, or otherwise providing legal representation to a regulatory agency. Req And
Technical knowledge of state and federal utility/energy regulation, laws, and policies. Req And
Experience in rate proceedings in state and federal regulatory agencies. Req And
Ability to organize and coordinate projects effectively and efficiently. Req And
Ability to flexibly and ably handle busy work environment. Req And
Excel at written and oral communication skills, negotiation skills, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills, and must be able to adopt a customer service mentality. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Must be able to participate in the Companys emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.