ConEdison Sr Analyst, Strategic Planning (Finance) in New York, New York
Sr Analyst, Strategic Planning (Finance)
May 3, 2018
Posting Expiration Date:Jun 17, 2018
Department:Off Of VP Strategic Planning
Section:STRATEGIC PLAN Office of VP
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Sr. Analyst, BEC Compliance Management Tech
Manager (Program), Energy Efficiency - Delivery Channel Management
Sr Specialist, Energy Efficiency - Targeted Demand Management
Specialist (Paralegal)- Law
Sr. Attorney, Law - Regulatory Services
Sr Attorney or Associate Counsel, Law - Commercial Transactions
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The Analyst will monitor and analyze industry trends and evaluate the performance and prospects of existing and potential businesses.
The analyst will conduct strategic review of existing CEI businesses as well as other businesses under consideration and continuously assess the business landscape of M&A. Monitor and research potential candidates for valuation, attractiveness and execution potential. Candidate will participate in potential discovery, due diligence and synergy phases involving large cross-function teams.
Provide important modeling and analytic support to the teams as well as evaluate growth opportunities and advise CEI and business unit management on major project proposals. The selected candidate will be performing research and analysis of business opportunities.
The analyst will take roles on project teams and perform financial and data analyses and modeling.
Develop information on industry trends and status of other companies in our industry. Participate in ongoing corporate strategy work related to both regulated and competitive businesses.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business with three to five years of work experience. Course work or work experience that includes Corporate Finance, Business Strategy and Business Writing offerings is required.
Required Work Experience
Data or financial modeling experience relevant to forecasting is required.
Must have the ability to structure problems and solutions, and the ability to work independently.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point etc) is required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required for this position.
Some project management experience is a plus.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to travel when required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.