Con Edison Sr. Analyst - Commodity Operations - Commodities Procurement & Scheduling in New York, New York
Sr. Analyst - Commodity Operations - Commodities Procurement & Scheduling
Posting Expiration Date: Jun 5, 2023
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: $95000
Maximum Salary: $120000
Organization: Energy Management
Department: Commodity Operations
Section: ENGY MGMT Comm Procure & Sched
Location: NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Maintenance Trainer (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12812666-operations-trainer)
Supervisor, Substation Operations, Maintenance and Construction, Various Locations
Clean Energy Engineering Manager (EEDM) (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12805242-manager)
Sr Planning Analyst (Market), Utility of the Future
Chief Construction Inspector CME (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12804600-chief-construction-inspector)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The Senior Analyst will perform various functions related to electricity and gas supply, under the guidance of the Section Manager or Sr. Planning Analyst. Commodities is responsible for providing reliable and economic fuel and energy products including supply and capacity, for the Company's gas, electric and steam full service customers in a manner consistent with regulatory goals for achieving a competitive energy market; and to participate in policy initiatives that are pivotal to the energy industry. The following is a list of functional objectives:
Purchase and schedule physical electricity supply and capacity in the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) Markets.
Manage company owned and counterparty generation bidding, and coordinate generator testing and outage activities with company owned generation.
Perform Gas Supply functions including purchasing natural gas, and fuel oil, and scheduling pipeline and storage capacity.
Forecast Steam Operations natural gas requirements.
Optimize existing supply contracts, and pipeline and storage assets (capacity release & AMA).
Participate in internal and external meetings as needed.
Monitor and ensure compliance with NYISO, PSC, NYSRC, and NERC and SOX requirements.
Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
Develop seasonal, monthly and daily strategies for electricity, natural gas, pipeline and storage capacity release, generation capacity and TCC.
Update, extract, and analyze data from internal databases and develop worksheet applications to improve current work processes. Update and maintain existing databases.
Purchase/sell natural gas, pipeline capacity, storage, and research information using interstate pipeline Electronic Bulletin Boards (EBBs), which includes coordinating activities with various gas suppliers, pipelines, and the Company's Gas Control Department.
Monitor Wholesale Electricity and Natural Gas Markets and Financial Commodity Markets for proposed or implemented changes that have an impact on the department and effectively communicate this information with the appropriate parties.
Monitor changes to the NYISO market rules and implement accordingly in daily electric purchasing and scheduling responsibilities.
Assist in the preparation of expert testimony and supporting exhibits as required for various regulatory proceedings.
Respond to various miscellaneous ad-hoc data requests. Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of relevant work experience or
High School Diploma/GED and five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of relevant work experience in Utility or related energy industry.
Relevant Work Experience
At least one (1) years of utility experience or related energy industry experience.
Possess a broad-based knowledge in at least two (2) of the following areas:
Power Generation Scheduling,
ISO-administered energy and capacity markets (NYISO, PJM, ISO-NE), including TCC's and ISO Billing,
Physical and/or financial commodities trading,
Purchasing natural gas and scheduling on pipeline and storage EBB's,
Optimizing supply, pipeline and storage assets,
Developing and troubleshooting worksheet applications and models, performing economic analysis, developing forecasts and conducting energy related research,
Energy Policy and Regulatory matters, and/or Contract administration (ISDA, EEI, NAESB). Preferred
Skills & Ability
Demonstrated analytical skills and
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. and
Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and
Strong written and verbal communication skills and
Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within the Company service territory, and attend out of town business meetings, as needed.
Must be available to work additional hours in order to meet project deadlines and respond to emergencies.
In addition, the position provides off-duty coverage and a shift rotation, which requires carrying a designated on-call cell phone during off-hours, for seven days, on a four week rotation (including weekends and holidays).
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.