Con Edison Specialist, Supply Chain Direct T&D Material in New York, New York
Specialist, Supply Chain Direct T&D Material
Posting Expiration Date: Oct 18, 2023
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Location: NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Sr Engineer - Transmission & Substation - Civil (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/13389582-sr-engineer)
Clean Energy Associate Engineer A, Distribution Planning
Jr Electrical Technician L1-2 (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/13387954-jr-electrical-technician-l1-2)
Labor Relations Attorney
Staff Investigator, Legal Services - General Litigation (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/13386594-staff-investigator)
Chief Construction Inspector - Paving CME
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Lead, facilitate or support process improvement projects across the Utility Shared Services based on guidance from leadership and feedback from customer groups.
Implement continuous improvement strategies across the organization.
Execute action plans, analyze programs and oversee progress throughout implementation to completion.
Coordinate follow-up meetings for all projects to ensure work is completed and improvements are realized.
Candidate must be available to perform off-hour emergency functions, some of which may require working extended or non-traditional hours, including weekends and holidays. Must be willing and able to travel within Company service territory and supplier locations, some of which may require overnight travel.
Drive Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) concept improvements to reduce costs. Identify and facilitate the implementation of supply chain process improvement initiatives.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
Associate's Degree and with 4 years related work experience or
Bachelor's Degree and with 2 years related work experience
Relevant Work Experience
Excellent customer service skills required Required
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive results through collaboration Required
Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action Required
Able to work collaboratively with other internal and external project team members Required
Must possess a strong work ethic and be flexible in meeting assignments and deadlines. Required
Proficiency with a variety of software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is also required. Required
Must be a self-starter, with a high level of integrity, initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity. Required
Proven ability to work as part of a team and deliver results Required
Solid understanding of change management strategies and capable of implementation Required
Strong project management, negotiation and analytics skills Required
Excellent verbal, communication and presentation skills Required
Minimum 2 years related experience in process improvement, value mapping and/or Lean Six Sigma methodology Preferred
Experience conducting voice-of-customer and/or voice-of-business interviews Preferred
Experience with process mapping and capable of converting on-paper to Visio Preferred
Knowledge of Oracle Preferred
One year supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.