ConEdison Senior Specialist, Electric Vehicles in New York, New York
Senior Specialist, Electric Vehicles
Aug 20, 2020
Posting Expiration Date:Sep 30, 2020
Organization:Dist Resource Integration
Section:DRI Electric Vehicles
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Section Manager, EV Execution and Operations
Sr Analyst, Energy Efficiency - FP&A and Financial Controls
Energy Efficiency Program Manager of Operations
Associate Specialist - Gas Conversion
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The Senior Specialist, Demonstration Projects (Electric Vehicles), will assist in the development and execution of Demonstration Project(s) that align with the Company's long-term strategic interests. The Senior Specialist will assist in all aspects of the project from ideation through execution and evaluation and will provide support to their manager and team members to ensure successful implementation of Demonstration Projects related to the electrification of transportation. The Senior Specialist will assist in the engagement of public sector, private sector, and other external industry stakeholder to implement demonstration projects and other projects as assigned in a variety of light-, medium-, and heavy duty-vehicle applications for a variety of customer types such as commercial fleet and private use, seeking to integrate technologies and business models that advance the Company's transportation electrification goals and create new service offerings for customers.
Assist in the implementation of Electric Vehicle Demonstration Project(s) that advance state policy goals and align with the Company's long-term strategic interests. Duties include assisting the team in drafting project proposals and implementation plans that describe project hypotheses and objectives, pro forma financial statements, project budgets, schedules, risk analysis, performance metrics, and other items; reporting, analyzing, and communicating project performance metrics; tracking, invoicing, and other accounting aspects of the program's implementation vendors and other contractors.
Assist in the development of relationships with industry leaders including charging station operators, fleet operators and other customers, technology providers, government stakeholders, and internal business units to identify new business opportunities that advance the Company's position.
Contribute to various cross-functional teams which identify and develop new electrification business solutions and influence key internal stakeholders. Coordinate with various areas of the Company such as Central and Regional Engineering, Distribution Planning, Resource Planning, Rate Engineering, and others.
Develop oral and written presentations and other communications to various internal and external stakeholders including senior management, NYPSC REV working groups, and policy makers, in order to communicate the scope and objectives of Company proposals and projects.
Represent the Company at industry conferences and meetings with external stakeholders related to the development of the market for electric vehicles.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required. Examples include preparation of regulatory submissions, reports and interrogatory responses in relevant NYS Public Service Commission regulatory proceedings, and contributing quantitative and qualitative research and analysis for Company projects that aim to increase the use of electric vehicles.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of work experience
Master's Degree MBA
Bachelor's Degree Business, Engineering, Information Technology, or Public Policy
Required Work Experience
Demonstrated work experience in project management, and/or program implementation Required
Demonstrated work experience performing on cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment Required
Demonstrated experience analyzing information, both technical and financial, and making recommendations based on that information. Required
Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Required
Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project). Required
Demonstrated agility/flexibility in working on innovative projects that require course correction. Required
Experience in electric vehicle project management or related position to include, but not limited to electric vehicle charging station planning, development, engineering, and construction; vehicle fleet operations; electric or related vehicle technology development Preferred
Knowledge of regulatory processes such as preparation of rate proceedings, responding to commission orders and responses to interrogatories preferred. Preferred
Must have the ability to develop materials that enable effective interaction with customers, developers, energy service providers, regulators, public agency staff, and all levels of management. Preferred
Knowledge of Company operations and policies. Preferred
Proficient in data analysis software such as Microsoft Power BI and/or Tableau Preferred
PMP certification Preferred
Demonstrated work experience in engineering, business analysis, financial modeling, business development Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.