Con Edison Senior Auditor - Information/Operational Technology in New York, New York
Senior Auditor - Information/Operational Technology
Nov 17, 2022
Posting Expiration Date: Dec 18, 2022
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: $95000
Maximum Salary: $120000
Department: EHS Operations and IT
Section: AUDITING EHS Operations & IT
Location: NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Senior Auditor - Finance (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11397259-senior-auditor-finance)
Analyst, FP&A Customer Energy Solutions (CES)
Sr Analyst, Shared Services FP&A (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11382224-sr-analyst)
Accountant, Corporate Accounting - ARP
Accountant, Corporate Accounting - General Accounts (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11287674-accountant)
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
Auditing personnel must:
- Remain independent and objective while performing their work and will be required to sign Auditing's Conflicts of Interest Disclosure & the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Code of Ethics Attestation Form when joining the department and annually thereafter.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate sound judgment both in character and actions.
- Comply with all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensure that, audits performed comply with the IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Conduct moderate to complex information/operational technology audits and other projects concurrently. This includes assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of, general IT controls, application controls, and cyber security-related risks covering a broad range of computer technologies including mainframe, LAN/WAN, client/server, Internet/Intranet, databases, telecommunications, etc. Apply appropriate sampling techniques and use computer-assisted audit tools and techniques.
Conduct Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 testing, participate in pre/post implementation reviews of major system implementations and assess compliance with critical cyber security standards.
Develop risk-and-control matrices and prioritize efforts by the identification of key controls and the development of appropriate strategies to test the design and effectiveness of those controls.
Schedule and lead audit kick-off, midpoint audit status, and closing meetings.
Ensure that workpapers are complete and supporting documentation is cross-referenced to the record of work done. Ensure that workpapers adequately support audit observations, conclusions, and recommendations and consistently meet the requirements of the Institute of Internal Auditors as detailed in their International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Prepare clear, concise, and accurate audit reports that require minimal editing for finalization. May assist in the review of draft reports prepared by other auditors.
Perform follow-up audit work to determine that management has implemented all recommendations timely.
Seek, identify, and recommend cost-saving opportunities in the course of performing audits.
Continuously complete training in auditing, information/operational technology, and other subject matter areas to meet certification requirements, improve the ability to perform quality audits, and to meet the departmental KPI training requirement.
Contribute toward team results, work well with others, and encourage other team members.
Audits will be conducted at all Con Edison, Orange & Rockland, Con Edison Transmission and Clean Energy Business locations.
Support Auditing's Strategic Plan Initiatives including Robotic Process Automation solution implementation, SharePoint development and performing data analytics.
Perform other related assignments as required, including work on Company project teams.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance And at least 3-5 years work experience
Relevant Work Experience
For Senior Auditor 2L role: work experience, Minimum of 3 years of audit experience. Required
Knowledge of internal controls, system development methodologies, complex integrated computer systems and related environments (e.g. operating systems, databases, middleware, network devices and software applications). Required
Experience in auditing and knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing is required. Required
Knowledge of operational technology used to monitor or control physical devices, processes and events (e.g., Distributed Control Systems and Remote Terminal Units) and/or the Internet of Things is preferred. Preferred
Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley, NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection and other regulatory requirements is preferred. Preferred
Experience working with advanced technical auditing tools (e.g. Oracle BI, ACL). Preferred
Experience and familiarity with company policies, procedures, systems and business processes. Preferred
Skills & Ability
Demonstrated analytical skills
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Ability to build strong customer relationships
Effective conflict management skills
Effective interpersonal skills
Effective negotiation skills
Excellent collaboration and team building skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
Assumes personal responsibility for actions
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
Maintains a high degree of professionalism
Proactively approaches responsibilities
Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Performs work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
Possesses strong technical aptitude
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License Required
Other: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Preferred
Other: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Preferred
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able to drive to company locations when necessary.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.