Con Edison Project Specialist - Quality Center of Excellence in New York, New York
Project Specialist - Quality Center of Excellence
Nov 10, 2021
Posting Expiration Date: Sep 30, 2022
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Organization: Business Ethics & Compliance
Department: Compliance Management
Section: BEC Quality Management
Location: NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Senior Attorney / Associate Counsel, Law - Office of the Secretary (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/10298216-senior-attorney-slash-associate-counsel-law-office-of-the-secretary)
Senior Clean Energy Advisor, Federal Policy
Staff Investigator, Litigation COE - Practice Operations, Investigations & Claims (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/10167737-staff-investigator)
Privacy Compliance Manager
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The Quality Center of Excellence (QCOE) section of the Business Ethics & Compliance organization works across business units (BUs), engaging with the quality management teams, to provide leading-edge knowledge and competency in quality assurance. The Project specialist will engage with the quality community to enhance the current operating model to improve governance, roles and responsibilities, reporting procedures, key processes, and available technology. As needed, the Project specialist will assist the Section manager working with organizations and/or improve the coordination and effectiveness of the overall governance, risk, and compliance for the company.
Participate in the formulation of short, mid, and long-term plans for the implementation of the Quality Center of Excellence (QCOE). Identify and develop key activities alongside Section Manager in collaboration with the quality community.
Conduct research and development and provide subject matter expertise to establish and promote best practices across the quality community.
Collaborate with quality management team in the development and implementation of Integrated Control Management system. It includes but not limited to creating guideline documents, control matrix, and provide training to identify controls across the enterprise.
Assist in developing a single harmonized quality management approach across the enterprise. Ensure consistency in implementation of the standardized processes via evaluating existing procedures, process, templates, forms, reports, and others as required.
Develop key relationships in utility and non-utility industry and conduct internal as well as external benchmarking under the direction of Section manager.
Develop training program alongside Section Manager including but not limited to career development plans, vendor management, workshops, and professional certifications for individuals based on the quality community needs.
Identify opportunities in collaboration with the business unit's quality management teams to align processes, and procedures ensuring alignment with the company requirements, industry regulations and best practices.
Encourage a workplace environment that fosters professionalism, safety, honesty, courtesy, excellence and teamwork.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Quality Management, or related field. And 5 years relevant work experience.
- Master's Degree Engineering, Quality Management, or related field. And 3 years relevant work experience.
Required Work Experience
Demonstrated knowledge in the field of quality management. Required
Experience in developing and improving company standards of operation for efficiency and effectiveness. Required
Experience in managing multiple projects across an enterprise. Required
Experience in managing Lean and Six sigma projects. Preferred
Previous experience in Quality Auditing and Regulatory Compliance. Preferred
Experience using and/or implementing Project management tools. Pref
Skills & Ability
Strong written and verbal communication skills And
Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion And
Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills And
Demonstrated problem solving skills And
Experience in a regulated environment And
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License Required
Other: Quality Certification(s) Upon Hire Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.