ConEdison NERC Compliance (Sr System Analyst) in New York, New York
NERC Compliance (Sr System Analyst)
Posting Expiration Date:Feb 29, 2024
Organization:System & Transmission Ops
Department:System Operation Department
Section:STO Computer Operations
Location:NY-New York-West End Avenue Control Ctr
Clean Energy Senior Engineer, Distribution Planning (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/14021296-clean-energy-senior-engineer)
Operating Supervisor, Gas Tunnel Maintenance
Energy Management System (EMS) Sr Analyst (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/14016575-sr-system-analyst)
Energy Management System (EMS) Technical Associate
Clean Energy Engineer, Distribution Planning (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/14015768-clean-energy-engineer)
Operating Supervisor, Manhattan Electric Construction - I&A District 2
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Assists in the implementation of computer applications to provide better utilization of Department resources and more efficient operation of our compliance program.
Maintain a complete understanding of all NERC standard requirements, measures and compliance reporting and be the SME on these standards for the System Operation Department.
Use tools and systems to monitor, track and improve the electronic security of critical systems.
Keep track of all regulatory standard requirements, measures and compliance reporting changes as related to the department.
Ensure that all applicable standard requirements are addressed in specific System Operation procedures, practices and/or tools.
Develop and maintain compliance tracking criteria and records for all applicable compliance standards.
Review, comment and prepare for any proposed or revised regulatory standard, Evaluate the impact and effort necessary to comply with each standard and prepare related documentations needed for compliance.
Work to develop required protocols and procedural revisions to address new and/or revised standards to ensure continued compliance with such new and/or revised standards.
Ensure the timely, accurate and well-documented submittal of data to each regulatory agency, as required to address compliance requirements and reviews.
Ensure that the Human Performance Improvements (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
Assist System Operation in the development of compliance violation Mitigation Plans. Monitor and report on status of Mitigation Plan implementation.
Conduct evaluations of employee and contractor adherence to policies to ensure compliance with all standards.
Develop and maintain training and awareness materials for employees and contractors in accordance with regulatory and departmental requirements to ensure their compliance to applicable standards.
Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, developing an Effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customer's Experience.
Prepare audit document packages for submittal to the regulatory agencies and participate in on-site, off-site and spot check audits.
Participate in regulatory meetings, committees and conferences associated with FERC, NERC, and NPCC.
Participate in industry forums related to compliance such as the NATF committees and sub committees.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems and with 4 years' experience required. or
Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems, or related field and with 2 years experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree An education focus in Cyber Security is a plus
Relevant Work Experience
Strong organizational and administrative skills are essential, and the ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines. Required
Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to exercise independent judgment. Required
Experience in writing technical procedures, process documents or specifications required. Required
Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Required
Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
Familiarity with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection Standards, and or Auditing experience preferred. Preferred
Demonstrated leadership capabilities. Preferred
Experience with SharePoint and Nintex Workflows is preferred. Preferred
Fundamental knowledge and understanding of power transmission, distribution, and generation principles. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.