ConEdison Interconnections Associate Planning Engineer, STO Transmission Planning in New York, New York
Interconnections Associate Planning Engineer, STO Transmission Planning
Posting Expiration Date:May 31, 2023
Organization:System & Transmission Ops
Section:STO Interconnection Services
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Transmission System Associate Planning Engineer, STO Transmission Planning (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12329911-associate-engineer-a)
NERC Compliance Engineer - STO Transmission Planning
NERC Compliance Associate Engineer, STO Transmission Planning (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12324825-associate-engineer-a)
Specialist, Engineering & Planning QA
Senior Engineer (2H) Relay Protection - Central Engineering, P&C Standards (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12304896-sr-engineer)
Engineer - Central Engineering, Relay Protection P&C Standards
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Who We Are:
At Con Edison, we celebrate a long and proud history of energizing the most vibrant region in the country. We provide safe and reliable energy to our customers while protecting the environment and fostering a more diverse and inclusive workforce. No matter heat waves or cold snaps, we are here to provide the level of service our customers deserve and expect. So come join our team and help us build a brighter future.
What's In It For You:
Come be a part of our Transmission Planning & Development team, where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a thriving industry! You will be on the cutting edge of the clean energy future and a part of redesigning our systems to integrate and deliver renewable supplies to our customers! You will have the opportunity to be part of a culture where information is shared, and new ideas are welcomed.
Assist with interconnection studies on offshore wind, energy storage, public policy transmission and other new clean energy technology projects.
Conduct substation power-flow and short circuit analyses.
Support analyses identifying local and system upgrades to maintain reliable electric system operations.
Organize developer site visits to Con Edison facilities.
Support internal engineering activities; interface with NYISO and merchant developers.
Identify new generation/transmission project impacts on bulk electric system; Assist with developing recommended modifications to NYISO.
- Bachelor's Degree in Power Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering And 2 years of full-time work experience that includes one year in the planning, design and/or operation of the bulk electrical transmission system
Relevant Work Experience
Exposed to the design and /or operation of the electric power system. Required
Capable of using PSS/E, TARA, Aspen or equivalent power system simulation programs. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.