ConEdison Executive Assistant in New York, New York
Jan 7, 2020
Posting Expiration Date:Jan 31, 2020
Organization:General - LAW
Department:Energy Markets Policy Group
Section:ENGYPOLRA Engy Mrk Ply Gp
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Sr Attorney, Associate Counsel- Legal Services - General Litigation
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Provide office management/administrative support to a Vice President and the Energy Policy & Regulatory Affairs Department. Must provide scheduling and expense reporting support for the Senior Vice President.
Schedule and maintain appointments/meetings. Must be able to re-schedule and re-arrange meetings to accommodate multiple participant schedules.
Coordinate briefing materials and presentations to make sure they are available in a timely manner. Must be proficient with PowerPoint.
Plan details of itinerary and make reservations in connection with meetings. Handle travel and expense accounts, reimbursement and billing arrangements, etc.
Review and streamline office processes for optimum efficiency, including maintaining files, including electronic files, and records in a timely and orderly filing system.
Responsible for the preparation of reports, correspondence and memorandums from rough notes or outlines.
Review correspondence received for distribution and follow-up action.
Maintain records and reports that require follow-up at regular intervals.
Handle ordering of supplies.
Manage administrative activities related to progress tracking/trending, such as organizational KPI's.
Serve as a liaison to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Assist with special projects, duties or responsibilities as necessary. Respond to requests and all other duties as assigned.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree and a minimum 3-5 years' work experience in administrative support activities
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum 3-5 years' work experience in administrative support activities
Required Work Experience
Must have excellent technical skills, have a high degree of proficiency in the suite of Microsoft Office systems, Oracle and telecommunication systems. Required
Must be capable of learning new systems quickly. Required
Must be proficient with PowerPoint. Required
The ideal candidate will be conscientious, demonstrate a "can-do" attitude, have strong presentation and interpersonal skills, have exemplary follow-up skills, and be flexible with work hours when business needs or system conditions require immediate or additional attention. Required
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management are required. Required
Strong calendar management skills. Required
Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and changing priorities. Required
Ability to draft, edit and proofread memos, presentations and board reports as required. Required
Ability to oversee VP trip planning and coordination including managing travel logistics, conference registrations, and participation in events. Required
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Required
Must possess a high level of customer service, tact and sensitivity. Required
Must have a strong attention to detail, be able to learn and anticipate work requirements and be able to prioritize deliverables. Required
Must be a self-starter and have the ability to multi-task and maintain a flexible work schedule. Required
Must be able to exercise independent judgement and discretion in the coordination of meetings, reports and information while maintaining a strict level of confidentiality related to all aspects of work. Required
Must have a high energy level, positive attitude and be results oriented. Required
Experience supporting a VP, SVP, President or C-level executive. Pref
Skills & Ability
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
Excellent organizational skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must have ability to work flexible hours and travel throughout the Company's service territory.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.