Con Edison Clean Energy Senior Engineer, Distribution Planning in New York, New York
Clean Energy Senior Engineer, Distribution Planning
Posting Expiration Date: Oct 31, 2023
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: $140000
Maximum Salary: $150000
Organization: Dist Resource Integration
Department: Distribution Planning
Section: DRI Distribution Planning
Location: NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Clean Energy Associate Engineer A, Distribution Planning (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/13388656-clean-energy-associate-engineer-a-distribution-planning)
Chief Construction Inspector - Paving CME
Business Associate-Procurement (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/13380456-business-associate-procurement)
Supervisor (Operations), Substation Operations, Southern Operations
Project Manager -O&R Utility of the Future (Non-Pipe Alternative) (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/13376449-project-manager-o-and-r)
Sr Specialist (2L) -6959, 74th Street Steam Station Maintenance
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Code of Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
Perform load flow studies to support the sub-transmission feeder and area substation supply to the distribution system.
Perform technical and economic studies to evaluate area substation and sub-transmission feeder load relief alternatives including addition of capacitors, transformers, load transfers and the establishment of new area substations and transmission stations.
Determine non-traditional load relief alternatives including implementation of customer and utility-sided distributed energy resources (DER) as area substation load relief solutions.
Assess non-wires alternatives for load relief projects and apply benefit cost analysis to determine the most economical load relief projects.
Assume primary responsibility in the preparation of Ten-Year and Long-Term Area Substation Load Relief Programs for designated operational regions.
Assist in preparation of Ten-Year 4 kV Substation Load Relief Programs when so directed.
Oversee, guide and train Engineers, Associate Engineers and Technical Associates, when so directed.
Provide guidance and technical assistance to Electric Operations Regions, System Operation, Substation Operations, Customer Energy Solutions, Central Engineering groups such as Asset Management, Transmission Line Engineering as required.
Perform short and long term electric system planning which is critical to the company's capital budget.
Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and groups to determine the long term impact at the substation level of interconnected DER to the electric grid.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 8 years of related work experience.
Master's Degree in Engineering (Degrees in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering are preferred). and 6 years of related work experience.
- Master's Degree in Engineering (Degrees in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering are preferred). and 6 years of related work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Must understand the vital importance of commitment to excellence and providing exemplary customer service. Required
Must be energetic and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to our Code of Conduct and The Way We Work. Required
Experience with Transmission system, Area Substation and/or 4kV Substation planning or operations. Required
Should have a minimum of 8 years work experience related to the engineering and/or operations of an electrical utility including technical knowledge of utility electrical systems. Required
Excellent knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project), as well as other company software systems. Required
Knowledge of Load Flow analysis programs, and a working understanding of database applications. Required
Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Required
The ability to understand and prepare one-line diagrams. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able to work from the Company's corporate headquarters in New York City
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed. Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
May be required to carry handouts, laptop computer, etc. to meetings.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.