ConEdison Associate Counsel, BEC - Legal Technology & Information Governance in New York, New York
Associate Counsel, BEC - Legal Technology & Information Governance
Mar 31, 2021
Posting Expiration Date:May 31, 2021
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Chief Construction Inspector (CCI), OR Electric Ops Vegetation Management (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6789152-chief-construction-inspector)
Steam Organization, Mechanic B L1-2 5058, Welder, Mechanical, Electrical
Director, Business Ethics & Compliance - Investigations (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6784105-director-business-ethics-and-compliance-investigations)
MULTIPLE - Engineer (1H), Sr Engineer (2L) or Principal Engineer (2H), Distribution Protection/Power Quality Engineer - OR Distribution Engineering
MULTIPLE - Associate Eng, Engineer or Sr Eng, Central Engineering - Steam Plant Systems Eng (ELECTR) (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/6776546-multiple-associate-eng-engineer-or-sr-eng-central-engineering-steam-plant-systems-eng-electr)
Multiple - Systems Analyst (1H), Sr. System Analyst (2L) - Distribution Engineering SCADA
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Work with the Assistant General Counsel to oversee and manage the Law Department's technology, information resources, knowledge management, and other similar legal support services, including the implementation of, and training for, matter management, document management, document scanning and coding, electronic research, contract management and discovery management technologies. Also assist in the oversight of the Caseworks system that is used by Regulatory Services to collect, organize, and submit information in connection with rate case and other regulatory discovery proceedings.
Develop, implement and oversee short and long term plans for building and maintaining a high-quality, cost-effective legal support services program, with a special focus on technology, information resources, knowledge management, and other legal support services designated by senior management of the Law Department.
Develop, manage and oversee legal support services budgets.
Successfully oversee and manage day to day assignments and activities associated with the existing and planned technology projects and initiatives and provide ongoing support and management of their integration into the Department's practices.
Participate in the selection and successful implementation of Law Department technologies.
Create requests for proposals and procurement documents as required.
Direct supervision of LTIG project specialists, application administrator and report writer.
Stay abreast of industry best practices for legal technology.
Collaborate with members of the department and with corporate Information Technology and other departments as needed.
Identify and track key Law Department technology metrics.
Select, retain and manage legal support service vendors as required.
Respond to emergency situations involving Law Department technology that might arise outside of normal working hours.
Provide other legal support services designated by senior management of the Law Department.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Juris Doctorate NY Bar admission required And a minimum of 6 years of work experience
Required Work Experience
Minimum of 3 years experience managing special projects, including legal technology initiatives, in a large corporate, governmental or comparable law department. Required
Minimum of 3 years management experience managing a legal support team in a comparable corporate or governmental law department. Required
Minimum of 5 years experience supervising legal support staff. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.