Con Edison Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis in New York, New York
Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Nov 10, 2022
Posting Expiration Date: Dec 16, 2022
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: $80000
Maximum Salary: $100000
Organization: Financial Planning & Analysis
Department: Operations FP&A
Section: FP&A Steam Operations
Location: NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Senior Auditor - Finance (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11397259-sr-auditor)
Analyst, FP&A Customer Energy Solutions (CES)
Sr Analyst, Shared Services FP&A (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11382224-sr-analyst)
Accountant, Corporate Accounting - ARP
Accountant, Corporate Accounting - General Accounts (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/11287674-accountant)
Senior Auditor - Information/Operational Technology
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Adheres to Corporate EEO policies and ensures behavior is consistent with Corporate values relating to the treatment of peers, subordinates, superiors, customers and the public at large.
Supports budget development process, particularly with the quantification of the work plan (e.g., unit cost trend analysis).
Enter budget information into the budget system. (i.e. Oracle ePBCS)
Supports financial forecasting processes with analyses using relevant systems / tools and enters forecast information into relevant system.
Identifies and communicates variations from organization plan to stakeholders.
Prepares monthly management reports using relevant systems to obtain and vet necessary data, and supports monthly variance analysis.
Supports capital white paper development for both capital optimization and capital governance processes.
Validates capital forecast information for use in capital governance process.
Prepares and validates O&M forecast information provided to stakeholders.
Supports weekly spend driver tracking through maintenance, analysis, and communication of weekly data.
Creates and executes value-added analyses to support customers in decision making.
Performs ongoing analysis of accrual submissions of all types along with analysis of associated payments.
Assists in rate case filing and regulatory reporting and helps prepare relevant documentation.
Provides training to customers and internal staff on key processes, systems, and financial acumen.
Performs additional tasks when necessary to support the organization and the Company.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or related field. And 2 years relevant work experience
Required Work Experience
Demonstrated quantitative experience. Required
Demonstrated leadership and communication experience. Required
Understanding of ConEd's business (e.g., services provided, current events) and FP&A function (e.g., objective, role, deliverables). Required
Proficient use of Microsoft Office. Required
Understanding of basic accounting principles (e.g., income statement, balance sheet). Required
Demonstrated critical thinking capabilities and proactive qualities. Required
Work experience with management reporting or budgeting tool such as Oracle or SAP. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.