American Electric Power Designer or Designer Senior in New Albany, Ohio
NOTE: This is a Hybrid role going into the office x3 days a week on Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday and remaining days working at home. This single vacancy is posted in more than one grade level and will be filled based on commensurate education and/or relevant experience and can be located at either one of these locations New Albany, OH,...or Tulsa, OK,...or Roanoke,
VA. Go to aep.com/about/businesses/opcos to view AEP’s locations.
Grade 4, Designer (pay range is $50,450-$58,859)
Grade 5, Designer Senior (pay range $59,253-$69,127)
Perform daily work activities with general supervision. Work activities to be performed include: computer aided drafting to prepare maps, sketches, schematics and other engineering related drawings in 2D and 3D. The position includes associated clerical work to properly manage and document the work activities performed, as per AEP requirements for the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Create, revise and maintain engineering and record drawings (2D and 3D), and sketches using AutoCAD and inventor.
2) Support the creation, revision, and maintenance of facilities and equipment documents; including but not limited to construction, equipment, property documents and records.
3) Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors' catalogs and technical reference manuals and site visits.
4) Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
5) Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software - AudoCAD, Inventor and Vault.
6) Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
7) Work with other organizations of the Company to coordinate the work and assure that it is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
8) Read vendors' prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into the work being performed.
9) Assist in training AEP employees in basic skills of the position.
10) Promote and support the Company's Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
11) Demonstrate ethical behavior as outlined in the AEP corporate policies.
12) Support the AEP Corporate Compliance policies.
Designer, grade 4
• Associate degree in applied science (AAS) drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology, with one to two years of relevant equivalent experience. Work Experience requirement listed below:
• Equivalent experience without AAS degree - high school graduate and 6 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
Designer Senior, grade 5
• Associate degree in applied science (AAS) in drafting
and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil,
electrical or mechanical engineering technology and
4 years of equivalent experience.
• Equivalent experience without AAS degree - high
school graduate and 8 years of experience in
electric utility and/or related industrial drafting
and/or computer aided drafting work.
Must be familiar with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods and have the ability to distinguish colors. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law. This position may require overtime. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Hear about it first! Get job alerts by email. Log in to your Candidate Home Account today! If you don't have an account, you can create one.
It is hereby reaffirmed that it is the policy of American Electric Power (AEP) to provide Equal Employment Opportunity in all aspects of the employer‐employee relationship including recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company sponsored training programs, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs and termination of employment to all employees and applicants without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. When required by law, we must record certain information to be made part of an Affirmative Action Plan. Applicants for employment may also be invited to participate in the Affirmative Action Program by self-identifying their Race or Ethnic Identity.
American Electric Power
- American Electric Power Jobs