Eversource Energy Project Coordinator-Design in Nashua, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Individual plans, designs and coordinates multiple complex electric distribution projects for Engineering Design across the Eversource service territory. This includes design and layout of projects, Will prepare construction work orders that satisfy the Company’s design specifications, optimize construction efficiency, and adhere to applicable standards as well as Environmental considerations. Responsible for forecasting materials along with identifying tree trimming, outage requirements, and coordinating easements for assigned projects. Ability to effectively work and communicate with people at all levels both internal and external to the company.
- Responsible for designing, planning, and coordinating all the resources relevant to a project, including budget, materials and the distribution system.
- Reports to and seeks guidance from the Field Supervisor Electrical Design or other appropriate supervision on deviations in terms of the goals [quality, safety, budget and time].
- Interfaces with appropriate departments to ensure the proper design and efficient coordination of information for distribution projects.
- Maintains and builds customer relationships by ensuring customer requests are met in a timely fashion.
- Designs layouts for service additions and changes to the Company electric system using Company approved standards and policies. Performs technical calculations and prepares work orders as assigned.
- Communicates internally and externally the Company requirements for electric service installation.
- Designs layouts for Voltage Conversions, State Highway & Municipal projects, service additions and changes to the Company electric system using Company approved standards and policies. Performs technical calculations and prepares work orders as assigned.
- Designs, negotiates, and coordinates the installation of residential, commercial, and industrial services including the preparation of cost estimates, work orders, and written service agreements. Works with others (e.g. Supervisors, Engineers, ect.) to prepare work orders for larger commercial and industrial service installations.
- Prepares documentation for GIS map updates process.
- Prepares easement documents and private property permits as required for services and extensions on private property.
- Recommends designs and coordinates installation of residential streetlights. Prepares work orders for the installation of security lighting and unmetered services for customers. Prepares residential or commercial contracts as assigned.
- Performs analysis/assistance in emergency restoration in the facilitation of restoration efforts.
- Expected to work beyond regular business hours as required.
- Aware of conditions that affect employee and public safety and environmental compliance.
- Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; plans proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
- Listens to and understands the customer (both internal and external); anticipates customer needs; gives high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Allocates decision-making authority and task responsibilities to appropriate subordinates; utilizes subordinates’ time, skills, and potential effectively.
- Recommends changes to construction methods, standards, and the electric system.
- Actively participates in the weekly AWC Planning and Scheduling meeting to coordinate project requirements for both customer and annual projects job types with the Resource Planner and the local scheduler.
- Monitors and helps work group achieve established department and corporate goals.
- Assists with training and mentoring of progressing Designers at all levels.
- May perform limited supervisory activities as designee of the Field Supervisor-Electrical Design and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or comparable field of study or the equivalent in combined education and experience and five years of related experience is required.
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations and codes along with design construction standards and regulations.
- Working Knowledge of construction methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of energy delivery power systems.
- The ability to supervise, coach and motivate others.
- The ability to learn and utilize available information technologies.
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Has achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs